New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh :censored: yes.

It would be a complete unmitigated disaster, possibly the final nail in the coffin of the club. But as said above, a mentler for Italy is as good as lower division journeyman who may surprise a few people.

But, I would only take Gattuso if we can have his interpreter too. I haven't seen that much fear and sadness in a big man's eyes for a long time. Sorry Dean or Locky but we can only afford to keep one of you on as we have to make room in the budget for this kidnap victim who has to work 13 hours a day.

Edited by beag_teeets

Gattusso would be great for bringing more through the turnstiles. I would move back to the Main Stand Paddock just for the craic. Likely end up a car crash but I would support his appointment simply for the touchline entertainment. Sell bags of blue smarties to fuel his emotions.

Edited by joe_lead

I hear Dowie, butt, sellers, Beattie and none of these fill me with excitement,

Gatusso gets a mention and I feel excitement, even if he's as :censored: as Penney or as good as big joe, one thing is for sure, things won't be dull. Give him a go and let's all enjoy the ride..... Wherever it takes us!!!!!

Edited by wogghead1

Clearly the 120 applicants contain a few newsworthy ones :-)

A story released by the club to explain why it is taking a long time to go through a selection process and also create a bit of interest and discussion by dropping a couple of high profile names I'd guess. Not sure if I was applying for a job I'd be happy with the company publicising that fact externally (it might have impacts on other applications etc that you are progressing at the same time).

Gattuso - a left field appointment that is highly unlikely, but could open up a whole new world of loans/signings from Italy that could see a fiery bunch of players on the pitch. Taking the stereotype further we'd probably have more penalties (and more red cards) than we have had this season...

Love the fact that some would risk relegation just so a little foreign fella can rant and rave on the sideline.

I'm sure he wouldn't be let anywhere near the job if the extremes from these video clips were the norm....

Palermo and Sion are far bigger clubs than us. Even Crete have been in Europe regularly.

You can't read much into his managerial record either - at Sion he stepped up as caretaker player manager to finish off the season, at Palermo he was the 28th manager in 11 years and Crete had massive financial problems.

A story released by the club to explain why it is taking a long time to go through a selection process and also create a bit of interest and discussion by dropping a couple of high profile names I'd guess. Not sure if I was applying for a job I'd be happy with the company publicising that fact externally (it might have impacts on other applications etc that you are progressing at the same time).

Gattuso - a left field appointment that is highly unlikely, but could open up a whole new world of loans/signings from Italy that could see a fiery bunch of players on the pitch. Taking the stereotype further we'd probably have more penalties (and more red cards) than we have had this season...

When you have 120 applications & counting I'm sure its a bit daunting to have to start picking through them. I would imagine 1/3rd of those will price themselves out of the job, or be looking for a quick fix to get themselves in the shop window. Gattuso will be one of those. Latics have probably looked at the list & have to start by chopping out anyone who would be too expensive, otherwise we would end up with the 5 best candidates going for interviews only to turn us down, & we would take longer!

This.... It's a publicity stunt by the club.... and said Italians would go missing as soon as Ice Station Zebra began to resemble it's name. i.e. From Sept to Apr.

Leave. Well. Alone.

Edited by lookersstandandy

our club needs to gamble, we need to attract more fans, we need to generate more money, we need a smile on the fans faces.

You may disagree but our club is dying......Slowly but over the last 10 years every year gets worse.

You look at the clubs who have been in League 1 and where they have gone and I am not talking big clubs. Blackpool, Rotherham to name a couple, they are no bigger or better than us but look what they have achieved.

SC is losing fans every week and he just doesn't care. I am totally disillusioned with the club. SC knew for a week before LJ left they were in for him he did nothing he has been gone for 2 weeks and from what I hear not a single interview has been carried out. The fans have gone from excited about a playoff push to now looking down the table to make sure we cant get relegated.

Come on Simon take a risk, make me excited again, make me smile

To say SC doesn't care is garbage and most fans know that.

He is stuck in the middle of the road because whilst he is trying to make ends meet on limited resources and improve us , he knows that taking the gamble as you put it may end up with the club going tits up !!!!!!!!!!!

Not a chance SC will go for Gattuso. He'll see him as another Di Canio.

I think he'd be more trouble than what he's worth but I'd absolutely love to see it for the entertainment factor alone.

Would get bums on seats for sure. Possibly more so than Scholes.

We'll be looking for a manager that can bring through youngsters, pollish rough diamonds and make money via good coaching.

It's the only sustainable model for us.

Expensive loans and an attention-attracting manager isn't the way for us. We can't afford that gamble.

Looking at Wolves, I know the facilities they have are Premier League class, and the wages aren't bad either, but they've brought through and improved a young talented squad last season and this season - while using their financial clout to also have some decent pricey signings around them (but they still will prob make money off Sako, Dicko and Afobe mind....).

Sellars - five years an academy chief at Man City and U21s coach at Wolves this season - was a great bet at 50-1 a week ago......