New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he said all this to SC at the interview he might have got the job on the spot, its probably even more impressive than LJs CV ;

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/darren-kelly/70/b36/798

I know Irish domestic football isn't all that, but the lad has done ok for himself.

600 games!? That's not true is it? Surely not professionally.

Looks like about 250 to me. Including those Garforth appearances.

Edited by opinions4u

His uncle died in Bloody Sunday. Full respect for any hatred he may have of England as a country. Something like that happens to your family you're well within your rights to carry strong republican views. He shouldn't have to hide that.

If he does get the job, I can recommend a very good young 20yo Northern Ireland U21 international attacking midfielder currently playing in non league. Very creative and an excellent passer of the ball.

I think the Championship club who released him may regret it in the long term.

Edited by BP1960

I'm not mithered about him being unknown but his political sympathies with the political arm of the ira a known terrorist organisation. It could be a fiasco just like the ched situation when it comes to remembrance Sunday and he won't wear a poppy.

His uncle died in Bloody Sunday. Full respect for any hatred he may have of England as a country. Something like that happens to your family you're well within your rights to carry strong republican views. He shouldn't have to hide that.

"full respect for any hatred". Wow, really? Deary me. When does that stop? Should we all hate the Japanese and the Germans? They committed far worse atrocities. Get a grip man.

"full respect for any hatred". Wow, really? Deary me. When does that stop? Should we all hate the Japanese and the Germans? They committed far worse atrocities. Get a grip man.

Did any of those countries armed forces murder your uncle?

Edited by Clifford

If he said all this to SC at the interview he might have got the job on the spot, its probably even more impressive than LJs CV ;

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/darren-kelly/70/b36/798

That would give me abit of faith if we were employing him onto the coaching staff or to manage the reserve team. It doesn't tell us how he is going to manage the senior players like Gerrard Kelly, Elokobi though senior players who have had more successful careers than him?

That would give me abit of faith if we were employing him onto the coaching staff or to manage the reserve team. It doesn't tell us how he is going to manage the senior players like Gerrard Kelly, Elokobi though senior players who have had more successful careers than him?

Easy, they wont be here.

Aside from the lack of any experience in coaching (with exception of the under 9s for a lowly 4th tier club), and these political views, I am more concerned at how absolutely amateur his CV reads on Linkedin and the utter garbage pop psychology motivational photos he posts on Twitter. He comes across as a very remedial chap.

Pity, I thought with the new stand that we might be getting a decent manager, and might be looking to end our 18 year stint in a division below the one we really should be in; alas no. And with this I shall not be looking to come back any time soon.

There are plenty of supporters like me waiting for something to happen to bring us back.

Never understood the point of those - you are hardly going to ask someone who would give you a bad one.

But if checked out properly (and I know some employers don't) they can be useful.