New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked with this, he could be the next best thing what do we know ? but once again Corney has chosen the cheap option, I'll give him a chance but it's so important for him that he gets off to a really good start or thier will be chaos ! Can imagine a fair few will give it a miss next season after this unless we start off well, baffled as to how this guy will work can't imagine he will have many decent contacts ? What signings will he make ? Also cant imagine he will command much respect from players as he hadent had the best of careers and only previous coaching experience with kids ! I just hope and pray

agreed, needs to make some inspired signings, and get off to a good start.

Not the best or most inspiring appointment, but i hope he can prove himself.

He's cheap and he's got a badge... That's the ONLY reason he's got this job.

We should have expected the worst when Mark Yates agent started banging on about our budget on Twitter.

I've got a feeling given the statement on the O/S about rebuilding means that Corneys already put the wheels in motion re. player sales.

I was always going to have to try and justify a season ticket next season and the new stand buzz this past week and the talk of Dowie had convinced me to renew but I'm out.

OK... he's been introduced at the awards dinner.

Admittedly I'm disillusioned and my frustrations are aimed more at our board than the man himself. Whilst he'll have a shorter honeymoon period than most and is obviously a very cheap option, he's now our new manager. He wants to meet the fans, which is a very brave move. Suggest he starts by clearing up his comments via Twitter and now acting like a football manager who will be responsible as the voice of the club.

He's stated that he wants to bring creative and attractive football to the club and already has a list of targets. Let's see who he signs, who he manages to retain and the style of play he delivers in the pitch.

I'm prepared to give him a chance. I hope he proves us all wrong.

He may well say it on the radio tomorrow but I just think a bit of honesty would go a long way at times like this.

"We can't get near to offering Dowie or anyone like that what they want with wages and budget so I want us to be a club that gives young coaches an opportunity as well as our own players"

Most people could go along with that I'd say.

This time next year we will posting on here about what a good time we had today at the open top bus ride to celebrate the championship?

And awake...

I reserve the right to say I told you so if this actually happens!

Edited by palmer1

He's cheap and he's got a badge... That's the ONLY reason he's got this job.

We should have expected the worst when Mark Yates agent started banging on about our budget on Twitter.

I've got a feeling given the statement on the O/S about rebuilding means that Corneys already put the wheels in motion re. player sales.

I was always going to have to try and justify a season ticket next season and the new stand buzz this past week and the talk of Dowie had convinced me to renew but I'm out.

A very good point, we know the stand won't start paying for itself for another year.

This time next year we will posting on here about what a good time we had today at the open top bus ride to celebrate the championship?

And awake...

I really hope we all end up looking stupid.

:censored:ing pisstake, I'm gutted,cheap option and dean Holden assistant!! Why the :censored: didn't Simon cunty mention this appointment when I was handing my money over for a season ticket in the new stand last Wednesday, I feel mugged

Wouldn't put it past them now that this was a clever plot to drive as many fans out of the club slowly so they can bulldoze it to the ground with less resistance an build tesco on it.

Edited by Blue_Guru

A very good point, we know the stand won't start paying for itself for another year.

Isn't the Sports Direct money meant to kick in soon? Corney said that the money for that deal would allow us to compete higher up the table in terms of budgets

OK... he's been introduced at the awards dinner.

Admittedly I'm disillusioned and my frustrations are aimed more at our board than the man himself. Whilst he'll have a shorter honeymoon period than most and is obviously a very cheap option, he's now our new manager. He wants to meet the fans, which is a very brave move. Suggest he starts by clearing up his comments via Twitter and now acting like a football manager who will be responsible as the voice of the club.

He's stated that he wants to bring creative and attractive football to the club and already has a list of targets. Let's see who he signs, who he manages to retain and the style of play he delivers in the pitch.

I'm prepared to give him a chance. I hope he proves us all wrong.

'

That gets said by every single young manager appointed, must be bullet point one in the Uefa coaching manual, just before 'how to use powerpoint'

any credibility the club had left (and let's face it, there isn't much) has now gone. Giving the job to a guy with no experience, no great career and no status has made us a laughing stock. We will get out of this division sooner than we expected, but not in the way we want.

I'll still turn up, but more out of duty than want. I was worried when we appointed LJ, and yes, he did ok, but can we see this guy coming close ?

Isn't the Sports Direct money meant to kick in soon? Corney said that the money for that deal would allow us to compete higher up the table in terms of budgets

Not sure about Sports Direct specifically, but the North Stand revenue doesn't kick in until the season after next

This could be the one that bites Simon on the arse, I'm praying it turns out to be a master stroke but the reality is that it's ridiculously underwhelming and kills any positive momentum we had going re the new stand!

And awake...

We actually managed to win the title by selling Conor Brown for £3millilon, which helped us strengthen the squad in other areas.

I also reserve the right to see you eat humble pie :tongue1: