New Manager thread.

Questions for Corney / for the Trust to ask....

1. Was the selection process based on wage first and qualifications / experience second?

2. How many others were interviewed during the process and what were their career length, badges etc in comparison?

3. What were the key reasons for signing Kelly?

4. Can you guarantee that we will retain the contracted players we have for the full term of 2015/16 season?

5. If answer is a "no" for 4, will 100% of income from sales be reinvested into signing new players / strengthening squad?

6. Has the playing budget for 2015/16 been reduced, increased or remained the same from last season?

Questions for Kelly

1. Why Oldham and why apply for the role after just 3 months at Sunderland?

2. Your inexperience as a manager and also of League One is an obvious weakness; how can you assure the fans that these inexperiences won't hinder you come August?

3. How many times have you watched Oldham and which areas do you believe we need to strengthen or change ahead of 2015/16 season?

4. How would you describe your style of play, formation and which positions do you focus on to deliver the creative / attractive football you are promising to deliver on?

5. How many additions do you believe you can secure from the budget available?

6. 1 or 2 strikers up front and how do you believe you can secure or develop the elusive 20-goal a season striker?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 weeks less to work on contract extensions, targets, getting to know holden etc.

I guess the contract extensions can be handles by Holden and the Board. He must already know who he wants to keep or at least try to keep

3 weeks less to work on contract extensions, targets, getting to know holden etc.

If he's that committed he'd be doing all that now ready for June 1st. Could be garden leave but I doubt it. Perhaps it'll take him 27 days to compile his 100-day plan..or formulate his exit plan after 3 months

For me it all comes down to his assistant. If it's Holden then that's a really inexperienced duo cutting their teeth in a season where we should be kicking on.

New stand, not many 'big teams', and a core squad contracted for a while. Play off push is a possibility. But without any experience I can't see how we can maintain any sort of play off push. Points dropped against relegation fodder, against 10 men. Those are the sort of situation where experience gets you through.

It's the style of play at BP which concerns me, we have had an insight already in the end of season games and I doubt if it will change (hope I'm wrong).

There were many times l didn't want to use my season ticket last season because of negative tactics, but went just because I had paid for one.

I will see how it goes, but it will pay on the gate for selected matches and a mixture of local non league games for me, I enjoy the ease you can move around grounds, plus the usually excellent clubhouses and good value food.

If he's that committed he'd be doing all that now ready for June 1st. Could be garden leave but I doubt it. Perhaps it'll take him 27 days to compile his 100-day plan..or formulate his exit plan after 3 months

He'll be working harder than ever until 1st June.

He'll have to.

It's the style of play at BP which concerns me, we have had an insight already in the end of season games and I doubt if it will change (hope I'm wrong).

There were many times l didn't want to use my season ticket last season because of negative tactics, but went just because I had paid for one.

I will see how it goes, but it will pay on the gate for selected matches and a mixture of local non league games for me, I enjoy the ease you can move around grounds, plus the usually excellent clubhouses and good value food.

Don't give up yet!...

@OfficialOAFC: DK: "It's a massive challenge. I am a massive risk. I will have a creative style of play and we will play attractive football."

If this new management team truly reflects your ambitions on and off the field Mr Corney you clearly don't have any at all. Unless your ambitions have nothing to do with the actual footballing part of the club of course. It's your club you make the decisions but please don't start the usual "we can't get fans through the gate so our playing budget is restricted". You don't get fans through the gate because you seem to get most big decisions so far wrong it actually looks like your trying to destroy your own business. I know that seems like a riduculous statement but a sucessful business man surely can't make so many bad decisions by accident, can they?

Isn't the Sports Direct money meant to kick in soon? Corney said that the money for that deal would allow us to compete higher up the table in terms of budgets

You need to stop believing Corney, he talks bollocks at the best of times.

Don't give up yet!...

@OfficialOAFC: DK: "It's a massive challenge. I am a massive risk. I will have a creative style of play and we will play attractive football."

Hope he has told his assistant manager to change then.

Yep just checked re season tickets on finance you effectively apply and once passed they will send a form for signing in a couple of weeks.

Won't be signing, nothing against Kelly just sick of being pissed on and told its raining by Corney and Blitz.

Different level but united wouldn't pay everton for moyes and its one small reason he wasnt ready for the next season eg recruitment. We'll be paying peanuts for this lad, at least give him the full post season.

wow.....shows the board are out of touch with what the fans want and therefore what the club needs. new stand, bit of optimism and chance to appoint someone who everyone could unite behind and push on in summer. dowie or someone who had some track record would have don it.

95% see it as a bad move, he wont get the early support he needs as we will all soon loose patience with what we all see as the wrong decision and it'll drag everyone down. i hope he starts well.

lack of league footballing experience shoudnt be an issue but i think we'd all have wished he had a lot more coaching experience like warbuton had when he got a shot at being a manager. lets hope he talks well in press and makes it clear he's a leader and can run a football club.

You never know, this could be just what we need.

Remember when we appointed our most successful manager, first time job and all that. If he does half the job then that will be good