New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"From the official...

Coupled with his extensive coaching experience, knowledge of what is required to be successful in Football League One and a commitment to developing players at all levels we believe he is the right person to oversee the re-building of the football side of our club."

On the appointment of Dean to Assistant Manager, Corney continued: "I am also thrilled that Dean has accepted the role of assistant manager Dean. Well deserved.

"He thoroughly deserves a promotion to his new position and I would like to place on record my gratitude to him for the way he has handled the manager role over the last two months.

I wonder where has gained the knowledge of how to be a success in league 1 because it certainly wasn't coaching or playing or being employed by someone in league 1.

12 games as manager for Dean Holden. Enjoy your promotion to assistant manager.

I will be there next season and I'm buying a season ticket as I support Oldham Athletic but...ffs!!!

Edited by palmer1

Well Mr Corney you've finally pushed me over the edge. Would SC have appointed Kelly if he was a supporter of Hamas? I think not. If you appoint Kelly I can not go out of loyalty to my friends who were killed by an IRA bomb. When Kelly goes I will return but never whilst he is there.

Do me a favour.

Okay; lets have a football debate about a footballing topic. If you want to discuss the Occupied Territories, Hamas, ISIS, RAF, ETA or are thinking of mailing a bullet to Corney, you can take your :censored:ing bigoted views and have your own circle jerk somewhere else.

Evans, closing the Chaddy and appointing a nobody with Holden as assistant; it's like Corney is actively trying to lose the club fans before the new stand.

Now he's here hopefully he'll be given the support that any other manager of Oldham has received at the start of their tenure, as difficult as it is to feel enthusiastic about another first-time manager that we'll probably have to wait to learn the trade, he is starting on a decent platform compared to other managers. That is where the hope needed to continue bothering is. Corney best back him or else it's a cruel decision to appoint him.

Edited by NewBlue

Oh and as stated on the official statement why does the football side of the club need rebuilding!?

We have good players on longer contracts than ever and a youth team that has won 2 trophy's in 2 years.

It needs the right person to build on what has already started.

If you rebuild every :censored:in year you end up in the same division for 20 odd years!

Oh and as stated on the official statement why does the football side of the club need rebuilding!?

We have good players on longer contracts than ever and a youth team that has won 2 trophy's in 2 years.

If you rebuild every :censored:in year you end up in the same division for 20 odd years!

Is this Corney telling us we are in for another relegation battle? Maybe he knows we will loose most of the team as it stands

The suggestion that it needs rebuilding is probably a delicate way of saying 'give him time'.

Posted · Hidden by Matt, May 4, 2015 - Mental.
Hidden by Matt, May 4, 2015 - Mental.

I won't be giving anybody a chance who supports the IRA and does it so pubically just like i don't give anybody a chance who supports Al Queida or any other terrorist association. Email to the club going in about how to get our £1050.00 back for the season tickets we have already purchased. Simon Corney is working towards a goal that suits him and his backers and not the club in my opinion, im not sure what exactly they are up to but something seriously stinks.

Am I right in thinking that DK is as educated as LJ (both holding a uefa pro license)?

Whilst he has not coached at a high level, DK has atleast had experience in coaching, something which LJ didn't have.

Don't get me wrong, I've not been blown away by this appointment. But I hope he does well and he deserves a chance. I'll be supporting my team as always.

Shocked with this, he could be the next best thing what do we know ? but once again Corney has chosen the cheap option, I'll give him a chance but it's so important for him that he gets off to a really good start or thier will be chaos ! Can imagine a fair few will give it a miss next season after this unless we start off well, baffled as to how this guy will work can't imagine he will have many decent contacts ? What signings will he make ? Also cant imagine he will command much respect from players as he hadent had the best of careers and only previous coaching experience with kids ! I just hope and pray

I would take rebuilding to mean less reliance on the loan market and more faith in the youth.

Holden said something a few weeks ago about changes being made on the medical side, I'm hoping that means less chances being taken on crocks and we see a bigger, stronger and fitter squad.

I'll be slapping a bet on relegation next season. Anything else will be a bonus.

I can't see the rationale for this appointment, other than it being the cheapest option. Might as well have given it to Holden - at least he's a decent bloke.