New Manager thread.

Aside from the lack of any experience in coaching (with exception of the under 9s for a lowly 4th tier club), and these political views, I am more concerned at how absolutely amateur his CV reads on Linkedin and the utter garbage pop psychology motivational photos he posts on Twitter. He comes across as a very remedial chap.

Pity, I thought with the new stand that we might be getting a decent manager, and might be looking to end our 18 year stint in a division below the one we really should be in; alas no. And with this I shall not be looking to come back any time soon.

There are plenty of supporters like me waiting for something to happen to bring us back.

It's either in the blood or it's not

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one and what some hardcore regulars, with no disrespect fail to see, to move up club has to do better on all fronts, this looks a step back. His Linkedin is usual crock of garbage that actually says won boooger all in English game, will find it incredibly hard to attract the talent he IDs off his background and politics/relgion have no place in it at all as divisive. The concept of we had over 100 applications and this the best we can do of Kelly and Holden is appalling and wasting the feel good factor of stand. To take this long to make these decisions utterly crazy .....appointing a guy who has only been in his post 4 months ...raises lots of questions about loyalty to achieve the targets he set himself in last job. That aint even a first 100 day plan...

I would assume from the timescale that the job was Holden's to lose and obviously the lads don't think he has shown enough.

The same will happen with this guy as what happened with Johnson, initial shock/disgust, him and Corney will go on the radio, do their Q and A and suddenly everyone will be saying they like what he has to say and Corney will go back to being the saviour.

Feb 18

Darren Kelly ‏@Darren6kelly

@M_McGuinness_SF my mums been at me all week saying 'did Martin tweeter that picture of me and him lol' #legend

It's a free country .........but only because we do our best to stop murdering scum like IRA / Sinn Fein from achieving their aims by murdering and maiming men, women and children

Kelly should be ruled out of the job on footballing reasons but his open support of terrorists sickens me

I can picture the fyc chanting no surrender to the ira after we are 0-0 at ht in our first home game. Kelly must be numb posting stuff like this if he has a desire to progress in the game. Maybe he is Barry Owen latest project on working in the community!

That would give me abit of faith if we were employing him onto the coaching staff or to manage the reserve team. It doesn't tell us how he is going to manage the senior players like Gerrard Kelly, Elokobi though senior players who have had more successful careers than him?

Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson amongst others seemed to do Ok with players better than they ever were.

For me it all comes down to his assistant. If it's Holden then that's a really inexperienced duo cutting their teeth in a season where we should be kicking on.

New stand, not many 'big teams', and a core squad contracted for a while. Play off push is a possibility. But without any experience I can't see how we can maintain any sort of play off push. Points dropped against relegation fodder, against 10 men. Those are the sort of situation where experience gets you through.

Oh well that's ok then

He has blood all over his hands and has never apologised or admitted anything

Utter scumbag

I have no love of the man.

I just think there's a point at which you have to move on. If Paisley could manage it others should be able to.

I am absolutely gutted. This is just about the most idiotic decision Corney's made in 12 years at the club. I just cannot understand the reasoning behind it at all and surely there must be a hidden agenda we are not yet aware of......I have no doubt whatsoever in saying that we are going to have a train wreck of a season.

The loyal fans have been kicked in the bo*****s once again. This could only happen at OAFC and I just hope the money promised from the corporate open day is in the bank because I believe this decision will have a dire impact on income sources next season.

Just what the hell is going on at our football club?

You want to live over here in Northern Ireland and see the existing crap we still have to put up with years after the troubles have ended. I could list pages and pages of stuff on here but what's the point SC has made his choice and a poor one at that. As usual it's split the Oldham fans right down the middle.