Corney + New Director on GMR Monday 18:00

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney and 'Baz' could have told 'little :censored:' to :censored: off on the Evans thing but they were well up for it. By Corney's admission, Johnson wasn't keen at first.

And I find it amazing that people seem surprised that Johnson is a gob:censored:e. He always was, from day one. That's not to say there weren't some promising signs of him developing into a decent manager though.

Corney is guilty of backing his manager. That's all he's ever done. He did it from day one, when most were screaming at him for backing a nobody.Telling him to :censored: off would have given him an excuse for walking - oh, boo hoo, the chairman won't back me.

My main point is that little :censored: is a :censored: house who gave the impression he had nothing to do with the affair. HE wanted Evans, SC backed him and then took the flack for him. 'Nothing to do with me...all the chairman's fault'.

He's not just a gob:censored:e, he's a devious little :censored: who put the club through the ringer and then started applying for jobs elsewhere. He may have some promise, but he has no integrity, no personality and is never to be trusted.

Corney is guilty of backing his manager. That's all he's ever done. He did it from day one, when most were screaming at him for backing a nobody.Telling him to :censored: off would have given him an excuse for walking - oh, boo hoo, the chairman won't back me.

My main point is that little :censored: is a :censored: house who gave the impression he had nothing to do with the affair. HE wanted Evans, SC backed him and then took the flack for him. 'Nothing to do with me...all the chairman's fault'.

He's not just a gob:censored:e, he's a devious little :censored: who put the club through the ringer and then started applying for jobs elsewhere. He may have some promise, but he has no integrity, no personality and is never to be trusted.

Even down to 'it's not my choice to go to Barnsley it's the clubs' what a load of bollocks! Two faced gimp.

Shocking program (can't believe they read out the Adam Johnson tweet), but I thought Corney came across very well. Financial situation is a bit more positive than I'd imagine, and it's good to hear of the interest in the managerial post.

So are you pro Johnson or anti, i'm a little unsure?

Would it be correct to say Corney has gained nothing but is still there?

In which case, is it not reasonable to appreciate him, in an era when even the once much adored Lee Johnson types feck off ASAP?

Are we and have we for years been at exactly the level where we should pretty much should be?

I think we are.

I've lost the faith - but I still and always will love Latics.

Yeah your right he's gained feck all financially and probably won't benefit from the new stand apart from the fact he might be able to give a manager a few more players but he won't make feck all financially.

His wife and kids live in New York he's a Londoner so he doesn't have to be here. He's made mistakes but he's still here when many others would have gone.

He did show diplomacy on the program something we dont usually associate with him. He did state attendances were a factor but he didn't point the finger at the fans who don't go anymore and does appreciate those that do. We could have done better than Simon corney but we could have done a hell of a lot worse.

Just listened to some of it that I missed (most of it) and echo one of the many points from the bloke who rambled on. It was disappointing to here Anthony Gee saying if they had their time over again they'd still go for Evans (or something along those lines).

Corney, Owen, Gee, whoever, can all pay lip service to people's reservations but the point that was made again tonight was that he has the right to work, upholding the rule of law etc. The club, and by that I mean the directors and it would appear if SC is to be believed, Lee Johnson, thought they could get away with it because they were legally entitled to do so.

The reservations of many fans (from what I can tell although I cannot speak for anyone other than myself), some of which would cause them to stop going to watch Latics, were not that it was breaking the law to have Ched Evans playing for the club, but that we didn't want him playing for our club. The strength of revulsion felt by many was secondary to the club thinking they could get a cheap striker who could score goals.

Corney mentions it on the show - something along the lines of I appreciate the concerns but I wanted to do it.

Anyway, apologies for the rant and bringing it all up again. It's pissed me off!

Just listened to some of it that I missed (most of it) and echo one of the many points from the bloke who rambled on. It was disappointing to here Anthony Gee saying if they had their time over again they'd still go for Evans (or something along those lines).

Corney, Owen, Gee, whoever, can all pay lip service to people's reservations but the point that was made again tonight was that he has the right to work, upholding the rule of law etc. The club, and by that I mean the directors and it would appear if SC is to be believed, Lee Johnson, thought they could get away with it because they were legally entitled to do so.

The reservations of many fans (from what I can tell although I cannot speak for anyone other than myself), some of which would cause them to stop going to watch Latics, were not that it was breaking the law to have Ched Evans playing for the club, but that we didn't want him playing for our club. The strength of revulsion felt by many was secondary to the club thinking they could get a cheap striker who could score goals.

Corney mentions it on the show - something along the lines of I appreciate the concerns but I wanted to do it.

Anyway, apologies for the rant and bringing it all up again. It's pissed me off!

I can't believe they didn't anticipate the :censored: storm and financial pressures that came with it.

Sorry JSS it was I who asked the question. I felt it was a chance for clarity/closure to hear it from the owner and a director of the board why they would want to pursue this player

Don't apologise for asking the question. It needed to be asked!

Selective denseness from many people. LJ wasnt 'a jumped up gob:censored:e applying for loads of jobs' SC actually confirms that he finally sold LJ to barnsley. LJ didnt lie to us, it really was 'up to the board' if they wanted to pack him off to some minging club that is no better than his current one. Selecting quotes from LJ press conf at his new minging club is utter stupidity, hes already told us he doesnt want to leave. He is not gona sit down and say 'hi new minging fans, I didnt want to be here but please like me' is he??

SC is in no rush to appoint a new manager, well Im in no rush to pay full league price for what is effectively now a six month spell of worthless games with no ambition and no end goal. Way to kill our best hope in years SC.

For years ive heard what I believed to be a silly argument that 'SC doesnt want promotion' I still dont buy it, but it has more credence now...

Selective denseness from many people. LJ wasnt 'a jumped up gob:censored:e applying for loads of jobs' SC actually confirms that he finally sold LJ to barnsley. LJ didnt lie to us, it really was 'up to the board' if they wanted to pack him off to some minging club that is no better than his current one. Selecting quotes from LJ press conf at his new minging club is utter stupidity, hes already told us he doesnt want to leave. He is not gona sit down and say 'hi new minging fans, I didnt want to be here but please like me' is he??

SC is in no rush to appoint a new manager, well Im in no rush to pay full league price for what is effectively now a six month spell of worthless games with no ambition and no end goal. Way to kill our best hope in years SC.

For years ive heard what I believed to be a silly argument that 'SC doesnt want promotion' I still dont buy it, but it has more credence now...

6 months? 3 of those will definitely have no worthwhile games.

What a crock of :censored:e.

Here is the full sentnence, not part of it:

"It wasn't a case of wanting to leave Oldham because I loved my time there, but I wanted to progress and give myself the best opportunity to achieve.

"It is a great time for me to come here and hopefully achieve something special."

Talk about only hearing what you want to hear.

Johnson could have said no, I'll be loyal to the guy that gave me my first break, that backed me in my desire to sign Ched Evans, who backed me in the Jan transfer window. Even if it is a bit longer. I'll see it through.

Have you thought that Johnson might have had a release clause and/or a clase that stated he had to be informed of any approaches? He'd be mad not to have that in his contract.

Have you thought about judging people on what they do rather than what they say?

Edited by singe

Here is the full sentnence, not part of it:

"It wasn't a case of wanting to leave Oldham because I loved my time there, but I wanted to progress and give myself the best opportunity to achieve.

"It is a great time for me to come here and hopefully achieve something special."

Talk about only hearing what you want to hear.

Johnson could have said no, I'll be loyal to the guy that gave me my first break, that backed me in my desire to sign Ched Evans, who backed me in the Jan transfer window. Even if it is a bit longer. I'll see it through.

Have you thought that Johnson might have had a release clause and/or a clase that stated he had to be informed of any approaches? He'd be mad not to have that in his contract.

Have you thought about judging people on what they do rather than what they say?

I am a corney fan but it was interesting to hear that none of the Corney haters took the time to call up and give him grief...think there are a lot

More oldham fans pro corney than not!

Just proves to me that, as suspected, the 'Corney abusers' are few in number and hide behind their keyboards. Perhaps sne of them were in detention whilst he programme was on.

It's always easy to slate the top man when things appear to have gone wrong. Anyone who has spent any amount of time with SC will know he has in general got the best interests of the club and the majority of fans at heart.

He has of course made mistakes, but who doesn't?

Just proves to me that, as suspected, the 'Corney abusers' are few in number and hide behind their keyboards. Perhaps sne of them were in detention whilst he programme was on.

It's always easy to slate the top man when things appear to have gone wrong. Anyone who has spent any amount of time with SC will know he has in general got the best interests of the club and the majority of fans at heart.

He has of course made mistakes, but who doesn't?

As Corney rightly alluded fans are passionate and sometimes we vent inappropriately in the heat of it.

I have accused Corney of things in the past but in the light of it realise he will never please all of the time. He could have packed up long ago to the highest bidder or could put a lot less effort in to caring than he does.

Maybe people think he is only here because he has to be to nurture the 3 amigos assets, and maybe he is. But I believe he wants to leave us in a better position than when he found us without kiling himself or us and rightly so.

Edited by Blue_Guru

As Corney rightly alluded fans are passionate and sometimes we vent inappropriately in the heat of it.

Hopefully, in time, a number of people on this board will realise their crass comments towards Johnson were a bit on the silly side.