Corney + New Director on GMR Monday 18:00

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few interesting points. Corney opening up that Scholes, though unlikely, is still possible and discussions will continue. Also that he'll be talking to Dowie and mentioned Sheridan too. Didn't rule out Lockwood and Holden either but it felt a bit forced in how he spoke about them. From the sounds of it they want to be blown away again in the interview process like Johnson did, so who knows how long that could take?

He also suggested the club had been approached more than a few times about Johnson.

Excellent news to hear the stand is fully funded now and should be ready for next season, and mentioned a 'redevelopment' of the Main Stand when the money is there. Hopefully not a bulldozer job...

Gee made a case for Latics as a club worthy of investment that now heavily focuses on it being the '3rd Manchester club' - City 'look after us' - but while we are how we are Corney's ambition will always first and foremost be to stay up in League 1.

Said that all money from the fans is reinvested into the team. Predictably bemoaned the crowds - have to think he has a point though, with only 5500 for a fiver at Colchester at home. Said he'd do £100 STs if we could guarantee 7000, or £50 STs if we could fill out BP every week. Maybe a deposit system could work if we really wanted to go down that route, just to explore the serious interest from the town.

The club breaks even while 6 or 7 clubs in the 72 are on verge of administration. Suggested budget may be reduced next season due to FFP rules, and they'll be clamping down hard on anybody who breaks them.

Implied that Johnson didn't want a development or an u21 team, instead preferring money for the first team (short-term thinking right there).

Must be 3 or 4 times he's exaggerated how big a club Barnsley are.

If we're always portrayed as a :censored:ty little club, people will be more accepting of mediocrity. Corney's effectively said we're tinpot for years.

Has anyone got a recording? Gutted u wasn't able to listen to it.

Maybe there is someway fans can register there interest in a discounted season ticket but the final cost is dictated by numbers who sign up to the idea. It may bgive the reassurrance SC needs to offer the deal. Eg. 7000 equates to £100; 6000 equates to £150, 5000 equates to £200 etc etc. If 5000 dont pre register their interest, normal prices apply?

So, SC has kept us out of debt and found the funding for the stand.

He refuses to cash in by selling us to any dickhead with a bit of money.

He (and Baz) actually deflected all the Ched Evans :censored: away from that little :censored:.

I think i'm in love...again.

As for that little :censored:.

SC gave him his chance (Lee who? lower league and talentless headless chicken).

He tried to back him with signings (and sales - Jose, i miss you).

Then, he backed him over the rapist. The little :censored: hid behind his coat tails.

So, little :censored: is not only a two-faced southern dwarf who spouts sound byte bollocks (one dream, one team - arghhhh), but he also has no backbone. He wanted to sign Evans but stood back, lets SC and Baz take all the :censored:, made it appear that he had nothing to do with it, wrecks the clubs image and fragile unity and then starts applying for every job going. What a complete arsehole. I really detest the little :censored:. He was one first class :censored:. Sheep shaggers, you're welcome to him.

He (and Baz) actually deflected all the Ched Evans :censored: away from that little :censored:.

Then, he backed him over the rapist. The little :censored: hid behind his coat tails.

So, little :censored: is not only a two-faced southern dwarf who spouts sound byte bollocks (one dream, one team - arghhhh), but he also has no backbone. He wanted to sign Evans but stood back, lets SC and Baz take all the :censored:, made it appear that he had nothing to do with it, wrecks the clubs image and fragile unity and then starts applying for every job going. What a complete arsehole. I really detest the little :censored:. He was one first class :censored:. Sheep shaggers, you're welcome to him.

If Simon says it, it must be true.

Maybe there is someway fans can register there interest in a discounted season ticket but the final cost is dictated by numbers who sign up to the idea. It may bgive the reassurrance SC needs to offer the deal. Eg. 7000 equates to £100; 6000 equates to £150, 5000 equates to £200 etc etc. If 5000 dont pre register their interest, normal prices apply?

Good idea

Corney and 'Baz' could have told 'little :censored:' to :censored: off on the Evans thing but they were well up for it. By Corney's admission, Johnson wasn't keen at first.

And I find it amazing that people seem surprised that Johnson is a gob:censored:e. He always was, from day one. That's not to say there weren't some promising signs of him developing into a decent manager though.

Good idea

I dont think just registering an interest would cut it, what if those that register dont actually pay up. It would have to be pay up front on the understanding an extra payment may be required if not enough are sold at the cut price or alternatively if you cant afford the higher price then you can take a refund. Basically, no obligation either way.

I dont think just registering an interest would cut it, what if those that register dont actually pay up. It would have to be pay up front on the understanding an extra payment may be required if not enough are sold at the cut price or alternatively if you cant afford the higher price then you can take a refund. Basically, no obligation either way.

Judging by posts on here and the chron, too many would want the refund if the Numbers required for £100 deal are not realised. This would cost time and money and go down as another club disaster. A simple form on the website, social media, the chron or at the club office where you could register interest would see if fans would respond in the right numbers. Nothing gained, nothing lost that way. Personally, at £100, I would buy several and give to those friends who no longer go and still be better off. Anything to get the this club to progress has got to be good. We cannot rely on SC being here forever, as he said tonight in his interview. More bums on seats is the only way forward.

Would it be correct to say Corney has gained nothing but is still there?

In which case, is it not reasonable to appreciate him, in an era when even the once much adored Lee Johnson types feck off ASAP?

Are we and have we for years been at exactly the level where we should pretty much should be?

I think we are.

I've lost the faith - but I still and always will love Latics.

Edited by Nohairdontcare