Latics 1-1 Bristol.

Couldn't believe the groans when Coleman got a couple of kicks wrong (his kicking has generally been excellent so far, he gets it miles and he's quick to release it). He's a teenager playing his 5th game, he's been here since he was 10 or whatever, and he's made some good stops, if you don't want him to do well, you don't like football. No need to moan.

Hmmm, I didn't hear any at all yesterday...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start of the 2nd half after a poor kick. A dodgy period of kicking followed because he felt under pressure. He did regain his composure...

The ability to kick it too long at times is not to be sniffed at-its quite a talent really, he just needs to learn how to drift it wide at times!

Not just safe but really safe. Playing at home we went for them and it nearly came off. A win would not have flattered us. Special Mention was at fault for their goal, feint left and waltz round to the right. The outstanding hope I have from the game is the way both Joel Coleman and Rhys Turner are progressing - should both play to end of season. Come on you BLUES - I would rather be 12th than 13th.

Inclined to go with the thought Poleon is never going to have anything anything to offer other than his pace.

Really like the look of Coleman. For a kid thrown in, I think he's doing really well. The save from point blank range in the first half was brilliant. He has a few nervy moments, which is understandable, but he'll get rid of those from his game as time goes on.

Edited by JoeP

Rewatching the goals, that Bristol goal is Woodland's fault isn't it?

Yeah Brown's marking was a bit loose, but watch Freeman run from the same area Woodland is. Either he doesn't spot the runner or he doesn't track his man and decides to close down Bryan instead. Difficult to say for sure as the camera isn't wife enough but surely that can't be Brown's fault.

I wonder if that had been scored if Kelly was on the pitch.

Edited by NewBlue

Yeah Brown's marking was a bit loose, but watch Freeman run from the same area Woodland is. Either he doesn't spot the runner or he doesn't track his man and decides to close down Bryan instead. Difficult to say for sure as the camera isn't wife enough but surely that can't be Brown's fault.

I saw gerrard pointing at poleon after the goal - i suspect that he should have been tracking bryan...

Not just safe but really safe. Playing at home we went for them and it nearly came off. A win would not have flattered us. Special Mention was at fault for their goal, feint left and waltz round to the right. The outstanding hope I have from the game is the way both Joel Coleman and Rhys Turner are progressing - should both play to end of season. Come on you BLUES - I would rather be 12th than 13th.

To be fair Luke Freeman is a very good player and would cause most teams and individuals problems.

It was a very good goal. Sometimes nobody is to blame.

Watching the goals I am more convinced than ever that when Forte was injured it was as a result of one or both dangerous challenges on him and it should certainly have been a penalty and a red card. Korey Smith Kicks him at knee height and there goalkeeper slams into him two footed with his studs showing.

Watching the goals I am more convinced than ever that when Forte was injured it was as a result of one or both dangerous challenges on him and it should certainly have been a penalty and a red card. Korey Smith Kicks him at knee height and there goalkeeper slams into him two footed with his studs showing.

I agree. What is the latest on Forte's injury?

No I'm not wrong I'm right, Mrs Wright actually sorry to say the the site is wrong .I might be half blind but I can tell a mans knee from his ankle amongst other pieces of anatomy too and I hope, so can our physio as he was rubbing the wrong bit otherwise and Mr Dean Holden backed me up with his post match intview...sorry Metty

Yep saw Dean's comment too. Not like the OS to get anything wrong in its match report, eh?

Cotterill admitted: "We were not very good and they were not very good either. It was one of those days."

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/average-admits-Bristol-City-boss-Steve-Cotterill/story-26278421-detail/story.html#ZoqTfz7cpZBr4FQu.99

Thought we were very good actually Steve...

he's a perpetual sore loser....miserable t*at to boot

Yep saw Dean's comment too. Not like the OS to get anything wrong in its match report, eh?

To be fair to him, the 'new' guy has been a lot better than when Bugby was in charge. There have been far fewer mistakes over the last year or so.

Thought that fact that Wilbraham was unmarked for the entire build up was the reason for the goal - not sure who was marking him but they did an awful job of it in the run up to the goal (can here the commentator make mention of that on the Latics Player highlights).

In fact the LP highlights make it look a more unbalanced game that it was - first half was almost all Bristol on that summary.

We could have played better, but we have played worse, and thought that if we could have scored in the last 20 of the first half when we were on top it would have made the game really interesting. Bristol could have come back hard but felt that we might have gone on for the points. Really impressed we got back into it as I suspected game over when we conceded.