Highlight of the 2014/15 Season

It didn't end well but there were certainly peaks, as well as the troughs.

Mine has to be Rochdale away with the 3000 travelling fans and putting in a performance like that.

Special mention also has to go to the week prior to Bristol City away. The optimism for a game playing at the home of the (unbeaten?) league leaders was brilliant. Genuinely felt like a competitive, quality side for the first time in too long. Also the home performance versus Bradford, where it felt like the team was coming together in one of the most entertaining and dominant halves of football I've seen at BP.

Edited by NewBlue

The home performance against Swindon, the best team to visit BP - it was David v Goliath! However, the players never chose to put in such a shift during the rest of the season,.even in the memorable victories at Fleetwood, Rochdale and Port Vale,

Swindon a good shout, how quickly the slide began afterwards.

Burton promotion is clearly your highlight though...

Rochdale was good although I feel not as enjoyable as it could have been as I was off the beer plus it's miles away from train/metrolink plus I had to walk through Rochdale and Rochdale is just weird.

The week where we played Coventry at home where we won comprehensively then followed it up with the performance against Bradford was excellent.

The game against Swindon at home was one of the best games you will see at this level it ebbed and flowed and had us on the edge of our seats. I got excited then thinking this would be the most exciting end to the season in years, sadly that was as good as it got.

Same as mentioned, rochdale and fleetwood, both top days out and great atmospheres. My favourite away game was bristol city, we lost but it was the best atmosphere at an away game (although these days every away day we make decent noise) for many a year i thought, it was on a par with swindon away in the yellow shirts on a boiling day, my hands were blistered after that and were pretty sore after bristol too.

3 things:

1. Rochdale away - just loved how rowdy we all were, then the result just topped it off, even if they say they don't care about us.

2. Fleetwood away - the fact we had fans on three sides of the ground, the two worldie strikes to lighten an average game and all the players celebrating with the fans.

3. The north stand construction thread...,lightened a many dull day seeing new improvements being made to what will be a brilliant new stand

3 things:

1. Rochdale away - just loved how rowdy we all were, then the result just topped it off, even if they say they don't care about us.

2. Fleetwood away - the fact we had fans on three sides of the ground, the two worldie strikes to lighten an average game and all the players celebrating with the fans.

3. The north stand construction thread...,lightened a many dull day seeing new improvements being made to what will be a brilliant new stand

This post reflects our season very well really. The first two thirds had some real high points, but by the final third we were really scratching around for something to cling to.

The kids winning the FA youth alliance cup was brilliant. Never seen us win a trophy at any level before and it was a cracking performance.

And, obviously, Rochdale. Singing the 'super Oldham' version of Just Can't Get Enough in the Flying Horse after the game at their place, Rhys Turner taking 67 touches before putting us 3-0 up at home. Great days.

Rochdale away; pre match beers in the Regal Moon was very interesting and taking the piss at the game was glorious.

Fleetwood away; top boozer and a proper atmosphere at the game. Streets ringing with "everywhere we go".

Poleon scoring twice in a game.

Turner's second vs Rochdale.

Aside from the already mentioned (in no particular order).

Topoff

The Athleticos turning up at the Youth cup semi final with a flare and all.

The Ched Evans saga, not because of the incident but the fact that I was able to reaffirm my strong positive opinion of some Oldham fans; realise that some who I thought were OK we're actually the opposite; and enhance my negativity to others too.

Bradford City away see http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46991-1170-reasons-to-be-cheerful/

THAT Detective S***peas song

Oh and starting a Zigga Zagga twice at Dale- aided by the Baum, one of my locals and some copious amounts of magic coke, plus "sneaking" in extra bottle tops