League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Rumour is that Bolton have league approval to play some players today that they haven’t yet signed as the takeover isn’t complete. So basically playing players that aren’t theirs. How can that be allowed? 

So it looks like they signed players today and they were in the team today, now all other clubs who signed players yesterday couldn't play those players. Am I missing something. 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So it looks like they signed players today and they were in the team today, now all other clubs who signed players yesterday couldn't play those players. Am I missing something. 

It’s immoral bullshit. Doing them favours - they’ve satisfied us they can fulfill their fixtures (if we break our own rules and give them unnecessary exceptions as a reward for their irresponsibility). Sets a terrible precedent. As long as it’s a ‘sleeping giant’. We wouldn’t get this sort of favour. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Our new lad couldn’t play... not signed in time.

They had 3 that ‘signed’ this morning that have been allowed to play. 

Not it sure how they even signed them whilst in admin either. 

1 hour ago, maddog said:

It’s immoral bullshit. Doing them favours - they’ve satisfied us they can fulfill their fixtures (if we break our own rules and give them unnecessary exceptions as a reward for their irresponsibility). Sets a terrible precedent. As long as it’s a ‘sleeping giant’. We wouldn’t get this sort of favour. 

Exactly, now I have no desire for Bolton to go to the wall, but everyone has to play to the same set of rules, would it be wrong of me to call the EFL wankers. 

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Four legs, wagging tail, barks. Dog.

It's like if your died because of Gross negligence and you letting it go around biting people, and your dad tried to find one that looked exactly the same, but you noticed your old one had 55 league championship winners medals but the new one only had 1 Petrofac Trophy. It might make you happier to pretend it's the same dog.

38 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It's like if your died because of Gross negligence and you letting it go around biting people, and your dad tried to find one that looked exactly the same, but you noticed your old one had 55 league championship winners medals but the new one only had 1 Petrofac Trophy. It might make you happier to pretend it's the same dog.

You're barking, lad.

By that logic Latics has been a different club since 2004. It often feels like it I suppose. Actually maybe we'll wake up and find that the last 15 years have been just a bad dream.

34 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You're barking, lad.

By that logic Latics has been a different club since 2004. It often feels like it I suppose. Actually maybe we'll wake up and find that the last 15 years have been just a bad dream.

I may well be, but not in this case. Latics went into administration but were not liquidated. If we'd been liquidated we'd have had to start a new club at the bottom of the pyramid, like Accrington and Rangers did. Rangers weren't relegated, they died.

5 hours ago, leeslover said:

I may well be, but not in this case. Latics went into administration but were not liquidated. If we'd been liquidated we'd have had to start a new club at the bottom of the pyramid, like Accrington and Rangers did. Rangers weren't relegated, they died.

Seriously, nobody outside the bizarre pseudo religious bigotry of Glaswegian football could care less.  There are many reasons whu Scottish football barely features on the radar, mainly because it's very poor, but this is right up there. 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously, nobody outside the bizarre pseudo religious bigotry of Glaswegian football could care less.  There are many reasons whu Scottish football barely features on the radar, mainly because it's very poor, but this is right up there. 

I've a lot of sympathy with this view, in fact I thought it was only Celtic loons who banged on about Sevco and the death of Rangers, etc.etc.

For the record though, and to raise a spark of interest in Scottish football, the SPFL, UEFA, ECA and even the ASA have all taken the entirely correct and common sense view that it is the continuity and history of the club that matters here, regardless of whatever corporate structure sits above it. If people want to say being moved from top tier to fourth tier isn't relegation, and it makes them happy, I couldn't give a flying f**k ! 🤣

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=16&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiA_uDup-njAhWFUMAKHaGID9QQFjAPegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldscotland.com%2Fsport%2F13215104.fifa-step-into-new-row-over-rangers-old-or-new-club-status%2F&usg=AOvVaw1TRJEM3MwDiEWpkJJOpvkL

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well obviously my interest is heightened due to my pleasure in their demise, but the point will be instructive if for example Bolton stay in their division with a points deduction whilst Bury Shakers FC are applying to join the Football League 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, JohnG123 said:

Just wonder how ALL the local business owners that have lost thousands are feeling.  Some might not even recover from this. 

Football clubs must be the only business that's allowed to run up more debts than it will ever have in assets and just continues trading...........................

If controls are not put in place this scenario will just be repeated season after season........................................................  

The problem is that if fans want their club to be afforded special treatment above the regular local business - which as a pillar of a community, football clubs should be - they need to sacrifice certain ideals about budget and performance.

I don't know the in's and out's of clubs like Bury, but clubs which have experienced crises at the hands of mercenary owners forsake their right to complain about this treatment when they fall for the schtick of the next one along, particularly if that same club had some kind of fan owned share which they sold off.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49330590

There's an offer on the table which the staff are imploring Dale to take, and despite saying he would only sell if it was the right fit for Bury, he is now considering he offer. However he wants them to pay the 3.2m demanded by the CVA + money he has paid out since he bought the club + compensation for the hell he and his family have had to go through (the arrogance of the man).

If that's the case, Bury are gone.

9 minutes ago, losesome said:

Bury should be relegated because they have cheated their way to promotion last season,

Cancel all their games this season and told that if things are not in place by the end of the season they will be kicked out.

They will be kicked out at the end of next week if they can't pay the CVA and prove they have sufficient funds to fulfil their fixtures.

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Bury should be relegated because they have cheated their way to promotion last season,

Cancel all their games this season and told that if things are not in place by the end of the season they will be kicked out.

Yes, this is what annoys me most about the serial overspenders (apart from taking down local businesses and charities each time they go bust)

This should all have been dealt with in the close season though. In most countries you need to show you've got the money for next season at the end of the previous season, or you don't get a licence to play. 

Burys next game has been suspended because Dale still hasn't provided proof that the club has the money to complete it's fixtures. If Bury do survive, they will face disciplinary action for failing to meet it's current fixtures. No doubt that would entail further points deductions.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Burys next game has been suspended because Dale still hasn't provided proof that the club has the money to complete it's fixtures. If Bury do survive, they will face disciplinary action for failing to meet it's current fixtures. No doubt that would entail further points deductions.

5 games postponed now is it?

Ludicrous. 

Archived