League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And the takeover still hasn't gone through, has it?. If it doesn't happen by kick off, do the EFL cancel the game at the 11th hour? A lot of people would be royally pissed off if that happened.

I think we need a fit and proper test for the EFL, never mind for the owners.

16 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Burys second match now called off vs Accrington Stanley and you think we have troubles. 

The EFL can't just keep calling games off. I don't want to see any club go to the wall, Christ it nearly happened to us 15 years ago.

What I do want to see us the EFL start to grow a pair and make a bloody decision instead all this fannying about.

24 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Burys second match now called off vs Accrington Stanley and you think we have troubles. 

From the moment Bury started buying players that seemed to be above their pay grade to get promotion from League Two back in 2014/15 there was a distinct sense that the bubble would burst eventually.

But what's happened here is unprecedented.  Was there ever any possibility of our match against Brighton being suspended back in 2003 (i.e. suspended rather than us being liquidated and having to start over)?

I have no idea what's going to happen from now but from their fans' point of view I really hope they have a club to support when it's all over.

1 hour ago, Fervid said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  Making a mockery of the competition now.  -12 already, two postponed fixtures on top.  What’s the point? 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, Worcester Owl said:

Also very fair comments. I'm all for Bury and Bolton getting demoted (maybe to L2 rather than all the way down the pyramid, i.e.do a Rangers on them), just don't want to see them disappear if possible. Agree absolutely with you re Rochdale, Stanley - maybe as Unsworth says well-run clubs should get a bigger slice of the solidarity payments.

Really difficult to know what the answer is. The way the game is going though is not good.

Rangers weren't relegated- they did disappear 

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

The EFL can't just keep calling games off. I don't want to see any club go to the wall, Christ it nearly happened to us 15 years ago.

What I do want to see us the EFL start to grow a pair and make a bloody decision instead all this fannying about.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  Making a mockery of the competition now.  -12 already, two postponed fixtures on top.  What’s the point? 

They had a 14-day deadline from a few days ago... If they're not sorted by then they're getting thrown out.

The idea behind the postponements is that they shouldn't go ahead if the results are just going to be expunged a week or two later.

9 hours ago, leeslover said:

Rangers weren't relegated- they did disappear 

Now there's a funny thing. I could have sworn they worked their way up from the fourth tier to the SPL, where they finished runners-up last season. Must have imagined it.

Just wonder how ALL the local business owners that have lost thousands are feeling.  Some might not even recover from this. 

Football clubs must be the only business that's allowed to run up more debts than it will ever have in assets and just continues trading...........................

If controls are not put in place this scenario will just be repeated season after season........................................................  

6 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Just wonder how ALL the local business owners that have lost thousands are feeling.  Some might not even recover from this. 

Football clubs must be the only business that's allowed to run up more debts than it will ever have in assets and just continues trading...........................

If controls are not put in place this scenario will just be repeated season after season........................................................  

Yes.  Not to mention local residents council tax bills and national tax receipts.  It’s a farce. 

Rumour is that Bolton have league approval to play some players today that they haven’t yet signed as the takeover isn’t complete. So basically playing players that aren’t theirs. How can that be allowed? 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Now there's a funny thing. I could have sworn they worked their way up from the fourth tier to the SPL, where they finished runners-up last season. Must have imagined it.

You're mistaken. A new club was formed, which has the word, "Rangers," in it's name and plays at Ibrox, this club as you say achieved it's highest ever league place last season, as did Accrington. If you want a team that got relegated and came back, Juventus would do

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Rumour is that Bolton have league approval to play some players today that they haven’t yet signed as the takeover isn’t complete. So basically playing players that aren’t theirs. How can that be allowed? 

I can't see that happening, sets a precedent that the EFL would do well to avoid. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which means that you can break the rules and not be punished. The EFL are being made to look like fools by Bolton, they should have been given the same as Bury and not been able to play this week. 

4 hours ago, leeslover said:

You're mistaken. A new club was formed, which has the word, "Rangers," in it's name and plays at Ibrox, this club as you say achieved it's highest ever league place last season, as did Accrington. If you want a team that got relegated and came back, Juventus would do

Four legs, wagging tail, barks. Dog.

Archived