Here we go - Sheffield Star report Johnson in for Liam Kelly

We are a selling club and if SC and DK believe that they can get a sum of money in for LK that is higher than the amount we paid, and higher than the amount that DK would be happy he could get a replacement for I'd imagine we would be hard pushed not to sell.

In terms of what he is worth, its a case of how much is someone willing to pay.

Downside of Barnsley bidding (if true) is that LJ will know what the likely trigger value would be to tempt us enough from his expereince with our budget.

The only way players go for bigger fees is if there is competition for the signing - if two or three clubs want him then £500k plus is possible. If not £350k will be OK business.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Kelly is the type of player that you only realise how good he is when he is not in the team, if we take less than £500k considering how long he has left on his contract then we are fools but I fear as always we will.

Liam Kelly is the type of player that you only realise how good he is when he is not in the team, if we take less than £500k considering how long he has left on his contract then we are fools but I fear as always we will.

Their is not a snow ball in hells chance that Barnsley will offer that kind of figure for a league 1 27 year old with a history of injuries, thats not to underestimate him I firmly believe he's our most pivotal player but an undisclosed £150K offer and he is gone.

Their is not a snow ball in hells chance that Barnsley will offer that kind of figure for a league 1 27 year old with a history of injuries, thats not to underestimate him I firmly believe he's our most pivotal player but an undisclosed £150K offer and he is gone.

I'd agree if we'd signed him on a free but Johnson was allowed to pay money for him on the basis we'd make a profit and/or get a good few years out of him, I'd imagine.

I don't know why everyone gets so worked up over the undiclosed fee thing, most transfers fees are indisclosed fees these days no matter who the club

Agree. If everyone knows what other clubs have paid for your players it increase the price other teams charge you for players!

I don't know the answer but I wonder who the last player in Kelly's position go go for these sort of fees was? Not just Oldham or third division

Korey Smith...

You can bet Sam Morsy will be leaving Chesterfield for a handsome fee as well, if he's contracted.

Liam Kelly was our most important player last season. More than Jones, Winchester, Forte etc.

We absolutely crumbled without him.

If he leaves I'd want silly money - nearer a million than £250k. We've got him for another 2 years and he's relatively young. We actually have the advantage this time so we should be able to ask for more than he's actually worth.

Now we see if this new stand really will make a difference to Corney's ambition for the club.

Spot on for me this post.

Can't clubs prevent a manager's new club from raiding the club in the next transfer window? If Johnson wants Kelly, I'm guessing Latics didn't include a clause like that.

Why would they? They can turn down Johnson's offer if he makes one, should they want to. But what's the difference selling to him as opposed to someone else, really?