Players linked with us

would be another loan I suppose as he has a year left on his contract. Spent time at Ross County

would he be going to the Olympics?

Not heard anything about Burgess, although he wasn't in the Fulham squad for yesterday's match.

if he's signed I'd better prepare myself for some flak whenever he has an off day.

I dont think SR will have seen my emails, but I did mention a player in non league who has played for NI u21s. He's stll in non league though so maybe not as good as I thought.

Edited by BP1960

I've seen Burgess play about 10 times last season......vocal, strong, old fashioned CB - not the quickest but seemed to read the game well to make up for it - M'Voto without the regular twice per game mistakes

Good left foot,reminds me of Andy Linighan in style, at 6ft 5ins he's very strong in the air. Would benefit from a steady centre back alongside him who can read the game.

Nice to know what one Sheffield United fan (from their messageboard) thinks of us and Ryan Flynn, the Yorkshire :censored::

'He's just been so inconsistent over the years he's been here hasn't he? He's never really taken that step up to being the player he so often promised to develop into. On his day - excellent - but he only has a few of them each season. You can't build a team around players like that unfortunately.

I think he can do a lot better than Oldham though. I really wouldn't advise any player to go there right now - it's in a hell of a state and may well be the first football club to go bust out of those in the entire football league. Things really are that desperate there.

Chesterfield would be a nice move for him though. No need to relocate and a chance to form a good partnership with a Welsh striker.'

'Big club'....now entering their sixth season in the third division.

Being linked with Billy McKay of Wigan and Northern Ireland. On loan by the sound of it.

That would be a very, very good signing if Robinson can pull it off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/13/por-oldham-target-wigan-striker-mckay/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Edited by dec666

Being linked with Billy McKay of Wigan and Northern Ireland. On loan by the sound of it.

That would be a very, very good signing if Robinson can pull it off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/13/por-oldham-target-wigan-striker-mckay/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

Played one game for wigan. Good goal scoring record in Scotland

Nice to know what one Sheffield United fan (from their messageboard) thinks of us and Ryan Flynn, the Yorkshire :censored::

'He's just been so inconsistent over the years he's been here hasn't he? He's never really taken that step up to being the player he so often promised to develop into. On his day - excellent - but he only has a few of them each season. You can't build a team around players like that unfortunately.

I think he can do a lot better than Oldham though. I really wouldn't advise any player to go there right now - it's in a hell of a state and may well be the first football club to go bust out of those in the entire football league. Things really are that desperate there.

Chesterfield would be a nice move for him though. No need to relocate and a chance to form a good partnership with a Welsh striker.'

'Big club'....now entering their sixth season in the third division.

He obviously reads OWTB :grin: