Players linked with us

Nice to know what one Sheffield United fan (from their messageboard) thinks of us and Ryan Flynn, the Yorkshire :censored::

'He's just been so inconsistent over the years he's been here hasn't he? He's never really taken that step up to being the player he so often promised to develop into. On his day - excellent - but he only has a few of them each season. You can't build a team around players like that unfortunately.

I think he can do a lot better than Oldham though. I really wouldn't advise any player to go there right now - it's in a hell of a state and may well be the first football club to go bust out of those in the entire football league. Things really are that desperate there.

Chesterfield would be a nice move for him though. No need to relocate and a chance to form a good partnership with a Welsh striker.'

'Big club'....now entering their sixth season in the third division.

So really if he's dubbed "inconsistent" he's probably you're typical ;league 1 winger one then.

Flynn imminent? Pictures on Twitter of a signing having his photos done and people saying it looks like him

McKay signs but wasn't the player in the picture on Twitter

And a different top on

Can't find this pic on twits..... where is it / who posted it....?

Yes, and if my translation is right we have got Marc Klok on a 6 month deal.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/klok-oldham-athletic-geweldige-uitdaging.htm

I'll translate. My Dutch is a bit rusty, but here goes:

'Marc Bell makes the transition from the Bulgarian Cherno More Varna to Oldham Athletic , the English club which plays in League One . The 23 -year-old midfielder has signed a contract for six months together with the unilateral option to extend .

This brings a great wish fulfillment for Bell . The Amsterdam player, who trained at FC Utrecht and later playing for the Scottish Ross County , always wanted to play football n England. That chance he gets at Oldham Athletic , also called The Latics . "I am really looking forward to it" Bell said to Voetbal International . "It's a great challenge for me and a great platform to show what I can do."

Bell won the Bulgarian Cup in 2015. He also won in the same year the Super Cup with the club. At Oldham Athletic previously were Dutch players Clyde Wijnhard , Stefan Stam and Michel Vonk.'

He's a defensive midfield player. Possible Dieng replacement.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

An official tweet from us apparently confirming the signing of 'legendary Northern Irish defender Aaron Hughes'?

Can't see anything on the official twitter about that.

However, they have retweeted a goodbye tweet from Dieng, so looks like he's off.

I'll translate. My Dutch is a bit rusty, but here goes:

'Marc Bell makes the transition from the Bulgarian Cherno More Varna to Oldham Athletic , the English club which plays in League One . The 23 -year-old midfielder has signed a contract for six months together with the unilateral option to extend .

This brings a great wish fulfillment for Bell . The Amsterdam player, who trained at FC Utrecht and later playing for the Scottish Ross County , always wanted to play football n England. That chance he gets at Oldham Athletic , also called The Latics . "I am really looking forward to it" Bell said to Voetbal International . "It's a great challenge for me and a great platform to show what I can do."

Bell won the Bulgarian Cup in 2015. He also won in the same year the Super Cup with the club. At Oldham Athletic previously were Dutch players Clyde Wijnhard , Stefan Stam and Michel Vonk.'

He's a defensive midfield player. Possible Dieng replacement.

I can get by in Dutch and there's no doubt they're saying he has signed for us.