Players linked with us

Jimmy Spencer released by Notts County...

Target/hold up striker who was responsible for Notts County's great escape in this league a couple of years ago. Had a bad injury since and hasn't been given a chance this season. Their fans aren't happy about it!

Worth a punt? Can't imagine he'll cost a lot!

its a good shout that,strong in the box ,good with his head.hes had limited chances to get game time with them having stead and mcleod.

With Monday being the madness of transfer deadline day and Shez wanted at least two new faces in, who do you think we'll genuinely sign? Be realistic.

The person I know connected at Rotherham still believes we'll sign JCH on loan. I'm uncertain as I too think he's needed by Redfearn.

Big Gord's statement that we'll be signing a big name as got me scratching my head. I'd love Chris Taylor to return and help us to safety but I doubt it will happen.

Therefore I'm predicting we sign Caolan Lavery from Sheffield Wednesday on loan for remainder of season.

Wigan fan I know said holt and cowie ,were more than happy to sit in the stand and see there contracts out. Said holt was more interested in his dogs.

Nailed on then. Belle Vue here we come.....

Big Gord likes to play games. 'Big name' could mean the player actually has a very long name, or it could be his height or weight. That Gord, he's a lad.

the Wigan forum,s hate holt, think the kindest thing I can find is, he's a nobend thats not one bit interested and has took them for a load of dough. Would he be up for a relegation scrap with us?

Big Gord likes to play games. 'Big name' could mean the player actually has a very long name, or it could be his height or weight. That Gord, he's a lad.

the Wigan forum,s hate holt, think the kindest thing I can find is, he's a nobend thats not one bit interested and has took them for a load of dough. Would he be up for a relegation scrap with us?

With Monday being the madness of transfer deadline day and Shez wanted at least two new faces in, who do you think we'll genuinely sign? Be realistic.

The person I know connected at Rotherham still believes we'll sign JCH on loan. I'm uncertain as I too think he's needed by Redfearn.

Big Gord's statement that we'll be signing a big name as got me scratching my head. I'd love Chris Taylor to return and help us to safety but I doubt it will happen.

Therefore I'm predicting we sign Caolan Lavery from Sheffield Wednesday on loan for remainder of season.

I think In Gordon's head he would see JCH as a big name given the love fans had for him 1st time around

Jimmy Spencer released by Notts County...

Target/hold up striker who was responsible for Notts County's great escape in this league a couple of years ago. Had a bad injury since and hasn't been given a chance this season. Their fans aren't happy about it!

Worth a punt? Can't imagine he'll cost a lot!

Just signed for Cambridge.

When Gordon asked Shirtliff about bringing someone in from Sheff. Wednesday because of their connections. He laughed and said "I think Shez is looking further afield than that!!!" So I think we can rule out anyone playing locally.

When Gordon asked Shirtliff about bringing someone in from Sheff. Wednesday because of their connections. He laughed and said "I think Shez is looking further afield than that!!!" So I think we can rule out anyone playing locally.

It's back on...the legend that is.... Jarko Sweetleftfootovic...

How is a Championship striker who can hold the ball up and knows the team not what we need?

Funny how some people think he's the same player who walked down the tunnel on his first game for us.

I'm well aware he will have improved a little since leaving us. However, with us he was never the best at holding it up, nor remotely prolific, and I think we need a striker that has experience, the ability to hold it up and knows where the net is.

I'm well aware he will have improved a little since leaving us. However, with us he was never the best at holding it up, nor remotely prolific, and I think we need a striker that has experience, the ability to hold it up and knows where the net is.

He's literally been used as a hold up player in the league above, usually first choice, for half a season, with a few goals on top of that and has played for us before.

If you think we can get better than Higdon or JCH reality will soon set in on the deadline day...

I agree, not what we need at the moment.

He's undoubtedly better than anything we've got but still a work in progress.

That said, if he's as good as we can get he should still improve us.

On the one hand it would be better for him to stay where he is and keep learning but, Shez can bring a striker on too....

The way Shez was shouting at the strikers at Shrewsbury, he wants mobile frontmen who will run and run and press.

This stops us letting the other team build momentum until we make a mistake. Then when we get the ball, we suddenly have space for our midfielders to exploit and get shots in (Winchester, Palmer, Kelly) because their back four is pushed further back. This is what we didn't have in Dunn and Holden's 4-5-1.

Don't see why 3-5-2 is too attacking. Didn't we start in that formation in Shez's first game?

The way Shez was shouting at the strikers at Shrewsbury, he wants mobile frontmen who will run and run and press.

This stops us letting the other team build momentum until we make a mistake. Then when we get the ball, we suddenly have space for our midfielders to exploit and get shots in (Winchester, Palmer, Kelly) because their back four is pushed further back. This is what we didn't have in Dunn and Holden's 4-5-1.

Don't see why 3-5-2 is too attacking. Didn't we start in that formation in Shez's first game?

The suggestion of 352 isn't what was classed as too attacking. It was the suggestion of 352 with two wingers as the wing backs that was.

I think a 352 with Dummigan and Laffery can work, but that means Forte being up front and us having to drop one of Jones, Winiesta or Palmer.

Forte isn't good enough to play in a front 2 and for those who think JCH wouldn't improve us go give your heads a wobble. Spent all his time with us as a lone striker totally isolated and would score a bag full played next to a striker like Murphy in a front two in this League.

Edited by yarddog73

Forte isn't good enough to play in a front 2 and for those who think JCH wouldn't improve us go give your heads a wobble. Spent all his time with us as a lone striker totally isolated and would score a bag full played next to a striker like Murphy in a front two in this League.

I did agree until I saw his penalty today....

JCH is definitely not coming here.

Birmingham and a number of other top end championship clubs were looking at him in late November. I don't profess to have many sources but my info on that is rock solid.

Their interest may have cooled as he hasn't scored since and has fallen from favour - but its a massive drop from that interest to signing for us.