Players linked with us

beat me to it with Grant Holt, something just tells me he may be one to come in, no knowledge just a feeling based on what we need and what/who realistically could come in.

Local, not getting a game at Wigan. Not necessarily a starter, but could come on and hold it up properly and better than Cassidy at present.

Can't run but at worst he would get us up the pitch by holding it up and allow midfielders with pace to join the attack.

Swing a cross over and he is a big unit to shift and get past, always liable to get on the end of something.

Probably get him on loan for one month, and won't be able to play against Wigan! Ala Wellens

I'm not sure Shez would have Craig Davies back, I remember his disgust at Davies being sent off for attempting to head butt an opponent away at Rochdale, he called him mindless or stupid or something like that IIRC.

However Shez then signed Davies for Chesterfield and Davies scored 11 from first 13 games and ended season with 23 goals. It was a one-year deal and Davies was then snapped up by Barnsley. Uncertain whether Shez still favours the lad but he secured him goals and Shez got the best out of him.

Wouldn't rule it out but I heard yesterday afternoon that we were looking at Clarke-Harris on loan from Rotherham - source is a sponsor at Rotherham who is apparently in the know. We've enquired, suggestion is Rotherham would help us out apart from a few injury concerns with remaining strikers there.

Both lads are on more than when they played here. Corney is finally digging deep and I'm grateful of this but is this reactionary, short-term to address our slump this season? Should we stay up, will we be looking at the same calibre including Palmer and Gerrard or will we revert back to what we were acquiring in the summer. I'm uncertain if it's budget or just different coaches approaching diffeent players and had Shez been here in the summer, we may have approached the likes of Gerrard, Palmer etc then?!

Edited by Midsblue

There might be some truth to the Banton rumour. Shez signed him on loan and then permanently for Plymouth, he's definitely talented enough for this level and can produce a moment of magic but has been inconsistent throughout his career. I'd imagine that he'd be in our price range and worth a gamble.

From his time at Plymouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21828307

Sure he's bagged a few in the championship hasn't he?

6 in 28 appearances this season which is better than I thought to be fair!

I just think he's a bit of a fair weather player, spends a lot of time on his arse, moaning at the ref. Not really the type you need in a relegation battle.

I also thought he was massively overrated when here, but no doubt he's improved since.

Bloke sat near me at the game reckons we're getting another centre half in on loan from Rotherham. I think he said he was called Wood.

He got that from BP on here on Monday. That, or it was BP you were sat near!

Centre back Richard Wood of Rotherham would fit the bill.

However Shez then signed Davies for Chesterfield and Davies scored 11 from first 13 games and ended season with 23 goals. It was a one-year deal and Davies was then snapped up by Barnsley. Uncertain whether Shez still favours the lad but he secured him goals and Shez got the best out of him.

Wouldn't rule it out but I heard yesterday afternoon that we were looking at Clarke-Harris on loan from Rotherham - source is a sponsor at Rotherham who is apparently in the know. We've enquired, suggestion is Rotherham would help us out apart from a few injury concerns with remaining strikers there.

Both lads are on more than when they played here. Corney is finally digging deep and I'm grateful of this but is this reactionary, short-term to address our slump this season? Should we stay up, will we be looking at the same calibre including Palmer and Gerrard or will we revert back to what we were acquiring in the summer. I'm uncertain if it's budget or just different coaches approaching diffeent players and had Shez been here in the summer, we may have approached the likes of Gerrard, Palmer etc then?!

I forgot Shez had subsequently signed Davies at Chesterfield, might be a possibility then.

From comments Ive been reading this season, as long as his wages don't cripple us JCH could be twice as effective up front as Poleon who I can tell has been shocking. Doesnt sound like he has much chance of trapping a ball let alone creating a threat (?)

Can't see JCH returning, scored for their reserves last night away at Scunthorpe and was subbed after an hour, many Millers fans feel he should be starting every week in front of Derbyshire and Ward so a move for me would be unlikely.

How anyone could say they wouldn't have him our starting 11 is beyond me, yes fair enough he spent plenty of time on his arse but he was a kid who has no doubt improved for his time in the Championship.

Only listened on the radio last night and Steve Eyre summed Poleon up for me, he said he would have him in every afternoon coaching him to head a ball and also how to beat a man with a trick and get a shot away, the bloke has qualities you'd look for in a player with his physique and pace but he has so much to work on, his touch and decision making seem to also let him down time and time again. Hopefully Shez can get the best out of him.

JCH would score goals at this level now. Progressed since he left. Amazed by the idea he'd be loaned out, unless Redfearn doesn't like him. There were rumours he was going to get another move upwards at the beginning of the market, and he was a permanent fixture in that Rotherham side for a time. To join a strugglimg side in League 1? No way.

Martyn Woolford from Sheffield United being rumoured by some guy on Twitter but Atkins not keen on it. He's a winger

I'd be surprised if that was true. Why would they let a first-team regular come to us?

Not sure he is a big name...

He came on and repaced Jose Baxter last night.

Have not seen a positive comment yet! His positioning sounds familiar!

Obvisously no idea if it will come off or if he will be any good.

Daniel @dannewb 15h15 hours ago

Martyn "I'm free on the right wing but will cut inside into three players on my left foot and get tackled" woolford