Players linked with us

I'd welcome Higdon back. A far better alternative to Cassidy, and somebody you want in the side if we're pinging in crosses from all angles. Not sure how he'd work with Murphy though.

Can't see it happening anyway more because Shez is obviously going for pace up top.

Fortes best position is wide left. If Shez is going to go for it he plays 2 up top and Forte wide left, will be fun to watch.

I agree that's Forte's best position. But that would mean dropping one of Kelly, Jones, Winchester or Palmer, which won't/shouldn't happen.

Not if we play

Coleman

Dieng

Gerrard

Wilson

Palmer

Jones

Kelly

Winchester

Forte

Murphy

Cassidy/new signing

I know Shez wants us to be more attacking but only playing 3 defenders might be pushing it!

Forte should be an impact sub or an option on the left wing. Murphy and a striker with more of a physical presence up top.

True but Murphy, Cassidy and Poleon can all defend from the front, it allows us to play 20 yards further up the pitch and puts the emphasis on the opposition worrying about us, rather than the other way around.

Poleon shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI IMO. He's such a dreadful footballer. Basically a sprinter with a football kit on.

I agree that Forte is better playing on the left, however I'm happy with the Palmer - Kelly - Winchester - Jones midfield combination at the moment.

Get Dummigan back and we'll have two decent full backs complimenting two wide midfielders that like to drift in.

Coleman

Dummigan - Wilson - Gerrard - Lafferty

Palmer - Kelly - Winchester - Jones

Murphy - Forte

Poleon shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI IMO. He's such a dreadful footballer. Basically a sprinter with a football kit on.

I agree that Forte is better playing on the left, however I'm happy with the Palmer - Kelly - Winchester - Jones midfield combination at the moment.

Get Dummigan back and we'll have two decent full backs complimenting two wide midfielders that like to drift in.

Coleman

Dummigan - Wilson - Gerrard - Lafferty

Palmer - Kelly - Winchester - Jones

Murphy - Forte

With Shez playing James Wilson at right back on Tuesday and Dieng in the middle, rather than the other way round, we might be sticking with that CB pairing. So I'd have Dieng instead of Wilson at the back and hopefully we'll have a new striker in to play up front instead of Forte - Higdon would do for me. Despite being slow and looking incapable of getting more than 3 inches off the ground he didn't half get onto the end of chances and win headers.

Forte still has a lot to offer though, just don't see him as a starter up front.

Jimmy Spencer released by Notts County...

Target/hold up striker who was responsible for Notts County's great escape in this league a couple of years ago. Had a bad injury since and hasn't been given a chance this season. Their fans aren't happy about it!

Worth a punt? Can't imagine he'll cost a lot!