• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with that in theory. Experienced pro doing both coaching and back up goalkeeping gerrard-esque.

Good to see kelly looks likely to give coleman a chance.

Obviously tho, i know nothing about him and its only good if he aint dog :censored:

Sounds likely

...sounds familiar as well.... York City, or Northern Irish..... or York City & Northern Irish.....

I recall the following article in which there arguably exists advice.....

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84531/johnson-goes-against-advice

Edited by lookersstandandy

Kelly said in yesterday's chron that he wasnt in for York players?

......exactly! I'm hoping a combination of media rumour mills, lazy journalism and Kelly's lack of media experience [he's certainly less polished that the little fooker that preceded him] are to blame......!

What's the plan?

Not be too proud to get more experienced staff.

Bin off the experienced veterans he doesnt know.

Get an old veteran keeper who can do the biz when Coleman has a blip.

Go on tour pre season spend two weeks together as a squad for bonding.

Thats all Ive spotted so far...

I don't expect to know anything about the players he brings in...even the marquee striker

I expect to be underwhelmed by all this summers signings...that doesn't mean he won't go on to make a decent team out of them just hard to get excited about players you know diddly squat about

We actually lost three centre backs ,Kusunga ,Elokobi and Lockwood. Add to that Gerrard going back and we now have 4 less than we had in March. Numerically THE serious priority.

In my opinion, we still have our two best centre backs on the books in Wilson and Dieng...

I'd like to think that our management team have enough about them to think about signings for more than one position in the course of a day. In any case CB must be the easiest to find especially if we hold onto Wilson, who is a cut above at our level.