There aren't enough ":censored: me"'s or "good grief"'s in the world to do this thread and the reports from this meaningless game justice :lol:

You should have been in the queue for chips at half time. One numpty was telling a steward his club was a joke because he had to queue for food.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A useful run out. Gunning, the only trialist that might be worth keeping on this outing, looked good but if we sign him we will be taking a gamble on his fitness.

Of our players; Coleman looked sharp and confident, Croft looked fitter and is a great signing, Liam was as Liam does - if he stays, remains fit and leads us like he did last year someone will pay a seven figure sum for him next summer, there is a tale of two Rhyses - Turner looked sharp agile and on his game - Murphy, playing wide left, fitter but still the Murphy we saw last year although it was his pass that made the goal, George is every inch a premiership player and could be the signing of the decade, Philly stuttered and wasn't up to some of the passes Croft made, Dieng ought to have a future with us but where? Winchester continues to divide opinion, the rest needed the run out.

I'm not sure what formation we were supposed to be playing. Could have been anything. Best thing to say is that it was fluid although there were elements of kick and rush!

Divide opinion? As to whether he is either sensational or spectacular, I presume.

One numpty was telling a steward his club was a joke because he had to queue for food.

In the new stand a pie will be delivered to your seat at half time by a Miss World/Mr Universe finalist, according to personal preference, wearing a thong and a smile.

One thing which really frustrated me about yesterday was at times we had chances to shoot but players took the wrong option with the extra pass and got caught.

DK mentioned that in the post match interview.

I've been Winchesters biggest fan for the past 3 or 4 seasons however I've noticed the last few times I've seen him that he seems to be getting less direct and primarily runs with the ball sideways or backwards rather than gliding past players like we know he can.

In the new stand a pie will be delivered to your seat at half time by a Miss World/Mr Universe finalist, according to personal preference, wearing a thong and a smile.

Well i wasn't going to buy a season ticket, but now i'm in. This is great news.

Seriously though, why are people over analysing a run out? You can't take anything from a jog in the park. Friendlies are no guide to the season, but the first game is just a run about. I heard Stalybridge bossed much of the game against the Judas XI, and only lost to an og. These games are an exercise in getting some exercise.

It was abomination of a game. The fact it was a pre-season friendly and should be no indication of how we'll fare is the only relief.

Plus it was a pain in the arse to get to on public transport...

..apart from that - brilliant day all round!

It is on the Fishal but...

Fri 17 July Stirling Albion Away

Tue 21 July Bolton Home

Sat 25 July Blackburn Home

Tue 28 July Halifax Away

Sat 1 Aug Carlisle Away

There is a game away at Trafford FC on Wed 23 July but not sure if that is the first team.

St Mirren behind closed doors this week too. The Trafford game is an Oldham XI.

I echo everyone saying people are reading too much into a friendly. They're good for starting to get an idea on a few players, and a few other things.

But for those curious on the kind of shape we used this early in pre season, was kind of a 4-2-3-1. Cassidy seems a proper striker who won't roam too much from spearheading the attack. Wingers staying wide. Kelly sat back doing his thing. The other 2 midfielders, Winch and Philly, given license to roam around, and get forward whenever possible.

It is on the Fishal but...

Fri 17 July Stirling Albion Away

Tue 21 July Bolton Home

Sat 25 July Blackburn Home

Tue 28 July Halifax Away

Sat 1 Aug Carlisle Away

There is a game away at Trafford FC on Wed 23 July but not sure if that is the first team.

On holiday for 2nd half of July and actually a tiny bit gutted I'll be missing the Trafford game. Saw them beat Alty in an FA Cup qualifier a couple of years back when Latics were away at Crawley, and it's a cracking little set up in quite an idyllic location. The ground backs onto a golf course and they have tiny pavilion like stand with a few seats, a shed end and an open end, and there's also a little club house to grab a drink. It's also easy walking distance from Flixton, Urmston or Chassen Rd stations, all which go direct from Oxford Rd or Deansgate.

Would recommend it for anyone who wants to knock off a local non league ground, especially if it's a nice eve. Although I think it's widely assumed that their emergence also helped lead to Flixton FC's sad demise (they were only getting an average attendance of 41 when they resgined from the NWC league), so boo, hiss to that!

Edited by cheshire_latic

On holiday for 2nd half of July and actually a tiny bit gutted I'll be missing the Trafford game. Saw them beat Alty in an FA Cup qualifier a couple of years back when Latics were away at Crawley, and it's a cracking little set up in quite an idyllic location. The ground backs onto a golf course and they have tiny pavilion like stand with a few seats, a shed end and an open end, and there's also a little club house to grab a drink. It's also easy walking distance from Flixton, Urmston or Chassen Rd stations, all which go direct from Oxford Rd or Deansgate.

Would recommend it for anyone who wants to knock off a local non league ground, especially if it's a nice eve. Although I think it's widely assumed that their emergence also helped lead to Flixton FC's sad demise (they were only getting an average attendance of 41 when they resgined from the NWC league), so boo, hiss to that!

Went to a Trafford game last season and everyone got a voucher at the turnstile for a free pint or glass of wine.

Only a finalist? Shows the lack of ambition from this club. Corney out

Will people with broader tastes have to buy 2 pies, or will there be a half and half option?

I heard, In the new stand they will write down what you are shouting at the team and pass it to the manager for his consideration.

Turned quicker than that behind me, after 25 minutes Cassidy was"dogsh1t" and Truelove a "coward".Insane to bother to go toChester for the first of the season's friendliest and dish out that offensive bile.

I thought Truelove had a good 45, eager to get on the ball and defended sensibly despite getting no help or cover from the no 11 trialist. All a matter of opinions I suppose but calling someone a coward who wrecked his knee and possibly his career while wearing an Oldham shirt is pushing things a bit. Cassidy would have been better served playing the 2nd half alongside Turner to see how effective he can be - yesterday gave no indication at all.

I thought Truelove had a good 45, eager to get on the ball and defended sensibly despite getting no help or cover from the no 11 trialist. All a matter of opinions I suppose but calling someone a coward who wrecked his knee and possibly his career while wearing an Oldham shirt is pushing things a bit. Cassidy would have been better served playing the 2nd half alongside Turner to see how effective he can be - yesterday gave no indication at all.

I would love to see Cassidy and Rhys Turner given a run of games together they could really compliment each orhers games.