It sounded like a pretty uninspiring game which was to be expected with so many changes and trialists however I would have thought we'd have created a few more scoring chances against non league opposition.

First game of PRE-SEASON 20 odd players used ...we are not real madrid

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Gunning looked decent at the back.

Number 11 was very cautious in his play.

Number 16 (McNamee?) looked shakey at first but seemed to grow more into it, worth another look for a squad player.

Number 19 didn't have much to do, not a patch on Kelly from what I saw today.

Gunning still looked injured!

George Green looks impressive and so did Cassidy

At what point did Cassidy look impressive? His work rate was good but other than that I can't say I noticed his input. Thought turner looked very good up top and took his goal well. Also thought Cunning looked solid at the back as did Dieng.

Its only the first game but the expansive attacking football promised was in short supply, Chester looked the more dynamic team and if we are being honest we created very little against non league opponents, lets hope for some improvement in the coming weeks.

Thought Gunning looked decent at the back.

Number 11 was very cautious in his play.

Number 16 (McNamee?) looked shakey at first but seemed to grow more into it, worth another look for a squad player.

Number 19 didn't have much to do, not a patch on Kelly from what I saw today.

Number 16 was Edmondson

Gavin Gunning was great. Nothing got past him. Top notch partner for James Wilson. And yeah, he'll get more mobile with a good pre-season.

I liked how we attacked as a 5 at times in the first half. Should have done more with those opportunities. It'll come.

Forgot just how class Winch is. I think this is the season he gets league-wide attention. Please stay forever.

Cassidy is as advertised. Should do well. Croft very agile and enthusiastic for 30 years of age.

Everyone else was as you remember them. Still five first teamers to add who didn't play. All shaping up alright.

Bin the trialists, except Gunning.

Nice to have the pre-match buzz back in their fans' bar, even if the game itself was typical early pre-season fayre. ;)

Gunning was decent, I thought. Gobby, big, put himself about. The other trialists weren't much, would probably release them, bar perhaps the blonde lad, who gets a second look.

Edmondson reminded me of Tarkowski in the way he defended. Promising for a teenager.

Wouldnt mind us having a look at Chesters left winger. Ran our right back ragged in the second half and put some nice balls into the box

Me and my Dad said the same. Looked a quality little player. Would have another look at the young centre back in the 2nd half didn't put a foot wrong. Gunning very vocal and I think he'll sign, looks like he needs games. Turner is quality...The amount of headers he wins for a lad his size is bonkers, excellent timing. Croft looked good first half, everything came down his side. Lot of crosses into the boxing with only Cassidy in there though which needs to be addressed.

Was 19 Edmundson? The tall blonde lad? He was absolutely terrible...

EDIT: Just read the lad at the back was edmundson in second half? He looked decent. Very well timed tackle when I think it was dieng ballsed up and his lofted through ball to turner was excellent.

Edited by aaronoafc