Channel 5 Football League Show

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the show not having a structure is you cannot pre-emptively work out when our goals are going to be on. The 30-45 minutes of Championship action the FLS had on before League 1 was enough time to watch something else etc.

No structure means you can't do that, although the structure might become clearer when the show gets going.

The thing about the show not having a structure is you cannot pre-emptively work out when our goals are going to be on. The 30-45 minutes of Championship action the FLS had on before League 1 was enough time to watch something else etc.

No structure means you can't do that, although the structure might become clearer when the show gets going.

This might be there plan to get people watching for longer...the show and hosts was amateurish...highlights is all people want to see...if they cut all the :censored: I between out they could probably show an extra highlight or two per game

We kept getting overloaded down the left side because no-one was in front of him.... hence he kept getting pulled out of position.

We saw this last season when we played the "diamond" midfield, we get isolated out wide as the midfield becomes too narrow, perhaps we should play 5 in midfield with Green in there and play Cassidy up front on his own, he looks like that sort of role could suit him after yesterday.

This might be there plan to get people watching for longer...the show and hosts was amateurish...highlights is all people want to see...if they cut all the :censored: I between out they could probably show an extra highlight or two per game

Agreed.Audience looked like a set of Burton dummies.Still better than nothing!

We saw this last season when we played the "diamond" midfield, we get isolated out wide as the midfield becomes too narrow, perhaps we should play 5 in midfield with Green in there and play Cassidy up front on his own, he looks like that sort of role could suit him after yesterday.

I was thinking similar during the first half yesterday. The two forwards were being pushed far too wide as the midfield were too narrow, which is never going to suit Croft as the world and his wife knows he's a winger. Mills did get forward more second half and linked well with Forte and Dunn.

Still work to do, but like I said yesterday, there's a very good team in there.

....or, we could do something really experimental and try 4-4-2? ;)

Actually it was really noticeable during the womens World Cup matches (I know....sorry) that the commentators felt they had to speak incessantly for the full match and there were no silences. Even MOTD was like that on Sat. Can commentators not just leave us to watch for a moment or two without stating obvious and useless things simply to fill in the gaps.

Must be getting old.

Actually it was really noticeable during the womens World Cup matches (I know....sorry) that the commentators felt they had to speak incessantly for the full match and there were no silences.

Although that was Jonathan Pearce. Nothing's changed there