George Green

Yes and no.

It's easy for us to call him ungrateful but at 16 17 I was doing my a levels and stacking shelves in the coop for 2.70 per hour it taught me important life skills in terms of dealing with customers and dealing with a manager. He had £45k thrown at him and £1k a week to play football and got hailed a child prodigy. I dont know how I would have handled that and I think if anyone does get that once in a lifetime chance you would need some pretty strong characters around you to keep your feet on the ground. I wonder if that character laticsfan05 had anything to do with him because if so you could understand why he thinks hes better than he is. He will pay for it in later life if he doesnt change his ways soon.

On the other hand he clearly wasted this opportunity to become a top footballer and he is going to have to do a lot of growing up especially if he's going to be a father soon because £75 a week won't get you very far when he has another mouth to feed. He still has time on his side to turn this around but he can't waste many more opportunities to do so.

Please tell you didn't do English at A level!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bless, he seems to think as though he's going into their first team rather than the youths.

Didn't read that way to me - "“It’s only until the end of the season to make sure my head is screwed on this time and that I don’t make any mistakes,” he said. “I can totally understand that. I’m just happy to be back in the game – I’d have gone in for free if I’d had to. If I get my head down and work hard then I’m sure I will get my chance."

Besides which he's 20. A bit old for the youths.

Didn't read that way to me - "Its only until the end of the season to make sure my head is screwed on this time and that I dont make any mistakes, he said. I can totally understand that. Im just happy to be back in the game Id have gone in for free if Id had to. If I get my head down and work hard then Im sure I will get my chance."

Besides which he's 20. A bit old for the youths.

Bit of a different tone on their fishal site.