George Green

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed he's not turned up at Halifax with The Dazzler.

Maybe that will be his next step. Hope he climbs back up the levels eventually.

why? i dont think Kelly had a lot to do with him signing for us.

one of the reasons he is no longer our manager

That can't really be the case as he'd not have been able to sign for anyone else already without us having done some sort of transfer. Players can't just decide to leave otherwise I think Jones and Kelly would piss off pronto.

I think we know he was released. Not surprised, I met his mother at a home game, she'll certainly not remember it and it was only about 2pm, some people are far less fortunate and have to deal with issues young kids shouldn't have to. I wish him all the best, having said that I thought he was :censored:e when I saw him play.

True, but he claims he instigated it, and obviously becomes mutual consent to be released to play elsewhere as you say.

My view is what he claims is not necessarily what happened, and that happens all the time.

But it was the specific comment Disgraceful Club I took issue with, as we have no idea what support we offered, what we did and what happened to make such a comment.

As I understood it in the past depending how a player left the club then they can play non league football but we may hold his regestration for league football

Ian Olney had it in the past when he left us injured but was on the verge of promotion with Kiddiminster one year - it obviously didnt happen

There was also a QPR or Boro Goalkeeper (Roberts?) who went on to play non league for many years but same as Olney couldnt play in the league without his last league club clearing his reg

Could Green possibly fing himself in the same situation in the future

Dont know if its been mentioned but does anyone remember similar with Chris Hall?

Edited by palmer1

As I understood it in the past depending how a player left the club then they can play non league football but we may hold his regestration for league football

Ian Olney had it in the past when he left us injured but was on the verge of promotion with Kiddiminster one year - it obviously didnt happen

There was also a QPR or Boro Goalkeeper (Roberts?) who went on to play non league for many years but same as Olney couldnt play in the league without his last league club clearing his reg

Could Green possibly fing himself in the same situation in the future

Dont know if its been mentioned but does anyone remember similar with Chris Hall?

I think those cases were more to do with having received insurance payouts. Certainly the case with the Daggers keeper; had been paid out on the basis that his professional career was over.

Goal at Wolves will stay in the memory forever.

I served him at my work the other day,

"sorry mate im not being rude but you look massively like Chris hall"

"that's because I am Chris hall mate?"

"as if!!!! I'll never forget your goal away at Wolves"

"I'm shocked you even recognised me pal, I dont think I've ever been stopped in the street but that's a mega memory you've just brought back"

So like you say, I'll never forget that goal and doubt he will either!!

If that is his outlook on the game I'm gutted we haven't managed to get him playing.

Far too many in our team have lost all sense of expression.

Someone on the other thread was right, we haven't got a Harkins or a Baxter who plays with any freedom. Poleon may be the closest to them, but he has nothing on them in ability.

If that is his outlook on the game I'm gutted we haven't managed to get him playing.

Someone on the other thread was right, we haven't got a Harkins or a Baxter who plays with any freedom. Poleon may be the closest to them, but he has nothing on them in ability.

But I thought a month ago that Winchester was the dog's bollocks

As mentioned in other threads Rasulo will have been brought in to provide that freedom of expression. He's only a youth, but I think he has the ability to change our style of play if given that role.

He also commented he didn't want to play at the higher level before saying that.

Maybe it's a case of the day to day of football isn't the fun he wanted and the idea of part time football whilst pursuing other interests as well as parenthood is more what he wants?

Has obviously lost confidence from last season and playing with inhibitions. One of the few more than capable of free and expressive football, as we all know, but currently on a par with the entire underperforming squad. Nobody seems to have the spark, although even then the last time I saw us play Winchester looked the most likely to produce something special or play with any forwards impetus.

Has obviously lost confidence from last season and playing with inhibitions. One of the few more than capable of free and expressive football, as we all know, but currently on a par with the entire underperforming squad. Nobody seems to have the spark, although even then the last time I saw us play Winchester looked the most likely to produce something special or play with any forwards impetus.

Maybe he just doesn't like his job and wants to do something different.

Would you hope somebody who decided they didn't want to work in a factory anymore "sorts himself out or gets help"?

Wot no mental illness??