George Green

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time Royle recommends someone to us can we just nod and smile politely instead of actually signing them?

It just goes to show its all about opinions, even top men in the game can get it wrong.

I will be watching the youths tonight and give my opinion on the prospects, time will tell if I'm right or not. I thought Lewis Allesandra would make it to a higher level as a youth, but he never quite made it.

It just goes to show its all about opinions, even top men in the game can get it wrong.

I will be watching the youths tonight and give my opinion on the prospects, time will tell if I'm right or not. I thought Lewis Allesandra would make it to a higher level as a youth, but he never quite made it.

Allesandra has made it to a higher level BP, for the time being ;-)

If it counts for anything, I recognised Tarkowski was a class above when he was playing in the reserves/youths about 6 years ago now - came home told everyone "some polish lad at centre half was class, he'll be a level above one day" turns out he was from moston and not polish...

You can take a horse to water and all that.....doesn't mean Joe is a bad judge of a player.

He obviously has talent but hasn't taken the opportunity to showcase it which is a shame.

Young lads have to give up the best years of their lives to be pro footballers, he'll probably regret it later in life but at the moment maybe likes going out too much.

Edited by oafc1955

You can take a horse to water and all that.....doesn't mean Joe is a bad judge of a player.

He obviously has talent but hasn't taken the opportunity to showcase it which is a shame.

Young lads have to give up the best years of their lives to be pro footballers, he'll probably regret it later in life but at the moment maybe likes going out to much.

Full circle from Billy Kenny, who never made the grade after his problems.

Full circle from Billy Kenny, who never made the grade after his problems.

didnt he along with baxter and green also come from Everton ?

all struggling with "personal issues " something going wrong at that club ?

Maybe he just doesn't like his job and wants to do something different.

Would you hope somebody who decided they didn't want to work in a factory anymore "sorts himself out or gets help"?

Depends on whether or not their motivation was a two year deal at BP

Sad news - he was our big off season signing - shame PAL does not have the mental strength to go with his football skills.

We could have done with a real attacking midfielder - as much as we like Philly and Winchester I think we all hoped our PAL Green would be better