George Green

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't surprise me at all, all his doubters are going to look rather FOOLISH

So far, hes done a pretty good job of that himself.

I suspect he would not have come to the conclusion he has without us releasing him.

I also suspect he has had professional help, and that has been a factor

Good luck to him, but all that support and help is a luxury we could not afford. I hope he remembers we did give the chance.

All the best to the lad!

I think if we had a strong club with a strong management team in place rather than Kelly he'd have been an asset to us. The place being a circus won't have helped him settle! I bet if TP was looking after him that would have done the trick!

Guest nonaenever

only really saw him given a full chance in the pre-season friendly at Halifax - he literally ran the show - always wanted the ball, the opposition couldn't get it off him and he distributed it with great effect. Also went on some mazy runs, similar in style to Paul Gascoigne. The Halifax press were glowing in their assessment of him. Honestly have no idea what happened to him - don't suppose we'll ever know BUT without doubt a very gifted footballer - I think Shez would have loved him - ah well wasn't to be and don't forget we've got Winchester of course.

This is a joke right? If he goes on to do better then so be it. I'd put him in the same bracket as rooney, given enough chances and didn't show enough. Anyone who claims he is the next big thing when we hardly seen much quality from him, is just looking to hit the club with a stick at every opportunity IMO.

Guest nonaenever

just think it's a real pity that Shez will never get the chance to work with him (not at Latics anyway) - a young man with all the ability in the world (and you could see he oozed class in the Halifax game) who, if developed correctly could have been exceptional at our level and beyond. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

FFS give it a rest, nobody is going to look foolish, he will never amount to anything in the game because he is brain dead.

Scoring a hat-trick against a youth team reserve eleven does not make him Lionel Messi, he will undoubtedly :censored: up again soon and that will be another chance he has wasted.

Peoples patience is not inexhaustible (apart from yours, obviously, George).

• 4 months later...