George Green

£ 20,000 a year or £ 20,000 a week. Don't think I'd be bored just yet.

Do you think this leaves room for someone or would Vassell/Fuller/ all the other loannes have used that wage in effect?

If he was on 20k a week, it would leave room to bring in half of league one and most, if not all of league two

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked to see this news after being told at a meeting recently that George had major off field issues but the club and the pfa was supporting him.

Club said they had very high hopes for George so to see he has left by mutual consent shocked me abit. Although having a look at his twitter account and the tweet says he choose to leave Oldham Athletic due to personal issues. So maybe we didnt want to let him go and he just wants to sort himself out away from footie.

Good luck to the lad and whatever it is that needs sorting hope it works out well.

Some of the abuse he gets on twitter is discusting aswell!

Two things I suppose... first and most obvious is we seem to have a lot of Mental Health experts on the board this week which is handy. Good to know addiction and other mental health issues are so easily overcome! I assume you'll be reporting these findings to the NHS Maddog!?!

Second and slightly less sarcastic is that we'll still hold his playing licence despite releasing him - so if he gets himself together then he could well end up back with us.

Two things I suppose... first and most obvious is we seem to have a lot of Mental Health experts on the board this week which is handy. Good to know addiction and other mental health issues are so easily overcome! I assume you'll be reporting these findings to the NHS Maddog!?!

What about a mention for the psychics who know exactly what has gone on.....?

Second and slightly less sarcastic is that we'll still hold his playing licence despite releasing him - so if he gets himself together then he could well end up back with us.

Yoiu can't release someone and retain their licence

I've become much better at not correcting people over the years, or jumping into every debate about the human condition. When I have done, I've found that people haven't taken on board what I've said - people aren't on here to be preached at. There are so many misunderstandings and over-simplifications on here, in the pub.... everywhere.

The way the governement talks about mental health as if it's dead simple and linear, and easy to fix - and perpetutates the myth that mental health services aren't failing due to government cuts, or it's because we're not working hard enough... that's why a lot of people think things are so easily overcome.

Look, I've done it again.... Damn you, Ackey!

Where has it been said that George Green has mental health issues?

It hasn't, I don't think. Addictions have been alluded to though. And to leave due to personal problems is likely to point to emotional / psychological issues. It's semantics.

Best of luck George, hope you have the support around you to beat your Demons. Some fights are harder than others but my thoughts are with him in his battle ahead, so hope he plays at a high level in the future

I 100% echo that

Yoiu can't release someone and retain their licence

I would speculate - which I do fully admit it is - that is where the "mutual" part came in...

I've become much better at not correcting people over the years, or jumping into every debate about the human condition. When I have done, I've found that people haven't taken on board what I've said - people aren't on here to be preached at. There are so many misunderstandings and over-simplifications on here, in the pub.... everywhere.

The way the governement talks about mental health as if it's dead simple and linear, and easy to fix - and perpetutates the myth that mental health services aren't failing due to government cuts, or it's because we're not working hard enough... that's why a lot of people think things are so easily overcome.

Look, I've done it again.... Damn you, Ackey!

I still read them with interest.

Where has it been said that George Green has mental health issues?

That's fair, it hasn't. I have it from a typical "reliable source" and have confirmation-biased the :censored: out of it based on the Chron article.

You do realise he claims that he left. His choice. His doing?

As you don't know the circumstances and what the club has done, how can you comment?

That can't really be the case as he'd not have been able to sign for anyone else already without us having done some sort of transfer. Players can't just decide to leave otherwise I think Jones and Kelly would piss off pronto.

I think we know he was released. Not surprised, I met his mother at a home game, she'll certainly not remember it and it was only about 2pm, some people are far less fortunate and have to deal with issues young kids shouldn't have to. I wish him all the best, having said that I thought he was :censored:e when I saw him play.