George Green

He needs everyone to rally around him, hope he's getting the support of the PFA and club.

Seems uncorroborated but if it's true then one of these comments is a responsible attitude towards a human being possibly going through very tough times, and the less said about the other the better...

Indeed. It's in everyone's best interests if he can get through whatever the issues are and challenge to get into the team.

I agree if he does have problems.

But, maybe he's absolutely fine and just likes a drink?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems uncorroborated but if it's true then one of these comments is a responsible attitude towards a human being possibly going through very tough times, and the less said about the other the better...

It's a two way thing, we've given him a chance, if he chooses not to take it then that's up to him. It's only a rumour but he's had these problems apparently at Everton so it's nothing new with him.

If the guy had average talent he wouldn't even be here it's only because he has the potential to play much higher that he's here in the first place.

If the guy has genuine addiction problems then that's sad but he's lucky to be on the club's books at all and I hope for his sake he takes the chance he's been given.

"Dunn said recent loan signings were needed to strengthen the squad, and hinted that young summer signing George Green, who has hardly played at all since joining from Everton, has off-field problems." OC, 13 October.

That's usually code for an addiction. It might not be drink, but the rumours were he had a drink problem before he joined us (According to Everton fans site). It might be something else, like drugs or strange sexual perversions. He's from Yorkshire, so that might suggest something sheep related. I doubt it's gambling. Who knows. I'm guessing drink.

Could it just be that he's got a bad attitude, like that City loanee who expected to be picked every week and stormed off, and has thrown the toys out the pran with regards not being picked... Total guesswork mind. I've got to say he looked bright and switched on for one-twos etc when he came on at Doncaster - but also, he nearly got sent off with his first touch a la Bove.

"Dunn said recent loan signings were needed to strengthen the squad, and hinted that young summer signing George Green, who has hardly played at all since joining from Everton, has off-field problems." OC, 13 October.

That's usually code for an addiction. It might not be drink, but the rumours were he had a drink problem before he joined us (According to Everton fans site). It might be something else, like drugs or strange sexual perversions. He's from Yorkshire, so that might suggest something sheep related. I doubt it's gambling. Who knows. I'm guessing drink.

Off field problems is code for addiction?!

Seriously?

Looks like they were partly right when they said he'd be the knew Paul Gascoigne :drinking45:

Cue impending release of George Green's rap-like version of "on Ilkla Moor Baht 'at"

Mary Jane's in the moment, the worms come, the ducks come, yo eat some

Can't be any worse than fog on the :censored:ing Tyne

Edited by L1onheartNew

• 3 weeks later...

Sad.

Sounds as though he clearly had talent, but had too many issues and distractions off the pitch.

Hope he sorts himself out or gets help.

Maybe he just doesn't like his job and wants to do something different.

Would you hope somebody who decided they didn't want to work in a factory anymore "sorts himself out or gets help"?