Oldham 1 Fleetwood 0

Counted twelve clear-cut chances that they should have taken. Don't think anyone in defence or midfield played particularly badly, but something must have been off for them to create so many opportunities.

We absolutely robbed them...

Jones didnt look right today, maybe the result of his ongoing knee problem?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think Kelly got the team and tactics wrong today, he'll learn from his mistakes I'm sure.

I don't think we'll ever see Poleon on the left again, he's entirely right footed and couldn't even run with the ball at full speed because of this.

I have no idea why this would matter

Bit harsh on Poleon as no one has mentioned the fact that he had 3 men on him every time and was hardly backed up or helped at all...

I disagree with your view of Mills, I don't think he was "extremely poor" but I fully agree that often players have no option to do anything apart from running into blind alleys or trying to take several men. One area we have needed to work on for most of the last decade is backing a man up, moving into space and looking for the easy ball. It is little wonder that players try to do it by themselves a lot of the time as there often isn't anything else for them to do.

Poleon is totally right footed. They crowded him today and knew he was only going to go on one side....theres a player in there somewhere im not convinced hes a wide man. If any though, it has to be right side!

Aside from workrate croft wasnt a whole lot better and forte was worse than poleon.

Scrappy game, accept the win and look forward. Nothing really positive to take other than its a nice thing to see us pick up 3 when playing so badly for a change.

Don't get this Poleon bashing in a very all round poor performance. The first 20 mins only poleon tried to get at them, not another player did. Granted Poleon goes down blind alleys and doesn't pass enough, but why single him out today?

Edited by Lags

That was :censored:e.

Poleon wasn't that bad.

Philliskirk keeps getting into goal scoring opportunities, I've not liked his two performances but he's scored two and had over 10 shots, that's not bad.

Wilson and Burn look steady.

Jones struggled, Mills Struggled, Croft only ran about.

Coleman and Kelly outstanding.

I've never been known as an optimist but i didn't think it was nearly as bad as the general consensus

It was a :censored: game, which often leads us to think our players were worse than they were.

Re Poleon, he struggles to make the right decision at the best of times. Playing him out on the left gives him another problem, he gets into space and has to stop, gather his thoughts and start again.

Not great, true and the first 15 mins were a horror show when we could and should have been 2 down After that I thought we slightly shaded it to be fair. But we will need to improve and stop giving the bloody ball away so cheaply. Give Green a chance too for god sake. Oh and Brown... Calm down man!

At least Poleon doesn't pretend he's not been poor by running around a bit and working hard, unlike Croft.

It's going to annoy me how Croft will do nothing productive most games yet be undropable. Has he actually done anything in the 3 so far except track back, for that matter?

At least Poleon doesn't pretend he's not been poor by running around a bit and working hard, unlike Croft.

It's going to annoy me how Croft will do nothing productive most games yet be undropable. Has he actually done anything in the 3 so far except track back, for that matter?

A couple of through balls at Walsall that Turner fluffed.

A shot after 4 seconds against Middlesbrough.

An excellent first half interchange with Brown that nearly brought a goal.

A magnificent second half cross today that nobody got on the end of.

We won. Its early season things aint gunna have fully come together yet so im more than happy with that today.

We certainly wernt up for walking away with the league with a performance like that but nowhere near as bad as some would have you make out.