New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Okay, i'll do it. I'm going out to buy a whistle and a clipboard. I like a nice clipboard. Can i keep Timothee if we vote to leave?

Aslong as you send Winchester up tandle hills everyday and feed him on a diet of raw red meat to make him a lean mean fighting machine then do what you want.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aslong as you send Winchester up tandle hills everyday and feed him on a diet of raw red meat to make him a lean mean fighting machine then do what you want.

Oh come on. We all know that Nandos and lean, red meat is as much a contradiction in terms as common sense is.

I've become really twitter obsessed over this new manager hunt. Really not healthy. Anyway, latest from Alan Nixon who does seem to carry a decent amount of credibility...

"Oldham. Speaking to an experienced boss today. May get him if deal ok. Could do a lot worse"

My guess would be Mark Robins.

'Oldham. Speaking to an experienced boss today. May get him if deal ok. Could do a lot worse.'

Our friend ReluctantNicko

Beat me to it! He does seem to be pretty well connected that guy - was on about Graham to Blackburn quite a way before announced amongst other things. Definitely not in it for the retweets seeing as his account is protected.

Ian Holloway? - would take him

Graeme Westley? - decent manager, but a dick

Sean O'Driscoll - not bad, not great. May suit us though

Mark Robins? - record is dog

Dean Saunders? - see Robins

Neil Redfearn? - see Saunders

Edited by NewBlue

Holloway then ?

Holloway - I'd definitely take, but doubt that he'd even consider us.

Westley - used to dislike him a lot but warmed to him a bit. Limited manager but good on a budget and would definitely get us organised.

O'Driscoll - probably my favourite realistic candidate of the list. Experienced manager and coach, did very well on a budget at Bournemouth, played great football and had success at Doncaster, harshly sacked at Forest before a couple of poor showings at Bristol City and Walsall. Hopefully the magic isn't lost.

Robins - did well at Rotherham and OK at Barnsley and Coventry, but poor at Hudds and Scunny so not too keen. Plus...that goal.

Saunders - nope. Chesterfield fans wanted him out quickly and he has a remarkable amount of relegations on his CV. Strangely he's done OK at a few clubs but has then moved to a team mid-season that he then relegated!

Redfearn - I'd always support him but his management CV isn't nearly as good as his coaching one.