New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Would be happy with that, very good reputation in the game and has very good contacts. Last few jobs haven't really gone his way with being tied with players and not really getting a transfer window so would welcome that appointment.

And as he was at Liverpool he might pick up a decent loanee from their academy

Former Liverpool assistant manager Sean O'Driscoll has held talks with Oldham Athletic about vacant manager's job

Clp-lzMXIAAhbtX.jpg
0 retweets3 likes
Retweet
More
Edited by BP1960

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why we'd be taking another punt on Dickov?

We won't be don't worry they have just read this mb and put his name up.

Would happily take SOD would be more than happy if we managed to tempt Adkins. Don't want Westley it will end in tears that one.

O Driscoll. Last 4 league management jobs..64 days and 0 games at Crawley, 16 games at Walsall 26 at Forest and 44 at Bristol City.

I know very little about him but CVs which show very short tenures in jobs always worried me.

O Driscoll. Last 4 league management jobs..64 days and 0 games at Crawley, 16 games at Walsall 26 at Forest and 44 at Bristol City.

I know very little about him but CVs which show very short tenures in jobs always worried me.

You mean like John Sheridan, 5 clubs in the last 4 years?

Sheridan left at least two of those jobs by choice.

Yes but my only point is that my experience is that appointing people who change jobs regularly whether voluntarily or for competence reasons usually leave you with a problem

- He left crawley to manage Forest (understandable).

- Forest's owners aren't known for giving managers time.

Yes but my only point is that my experience is that appointing people who change jobs regularly whether voluntarily or for competence reasons usually leave you with a problem

Problem is these days it seems if managers fail or succeed in 6 months they are gone. Sacked or poached.

Edited by BP1960

I'm not sure as the clock keeps ticking and the days in the month are passed I think we get less and less choosy!

the question is.. What's more important .. getting someone in asap or getting the right man in? .. one is quickly overcoming the other

Without doubt it is vital you get the right man ...appoint in a hurry and repent at your leisure

I'm not sure as the clock keeps ticking and the days in the month are passed I think we get less and less choosy!

the question is.. What's more important .. getting someone in asap or getting the right man in? .. one is quickly overcoming the other

Still got loads of time, pre-season training usually starts within the next week or 2. Fitness is generally started with, im sure someone will be in place to do that now.....

His Bristol city win percentage was 28%, Walsall win percentage was 37.5%, forest 38.6% average over his career is 36%. Sheridans win percentage over his managers career is 38% and that was only because of his win ratio in his most recent spell with us otherwise it would have been the same or lower. Dowies is also 38% over his career. So on the actual facts odriscoll is very good manager.