New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the season is fast approaching, but we do have until the end of August to sign players and I think we'd be better served using that time if needed.

Obviously, we do need to raise a team before the start of the season first, but my worry is the new manager, whoever it is, makes some poor signings because we're in a hurry.

"On 19 July 2012 O'Driscoll was appointed as manager of Nottingham Forest. By 31 August 2012 he had signed 11 new players"

However,

"After just five months in charge of the club, just hours after a 4-2 victory over Leeds, O'Driscoll was sacked on 26 December 2012."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Driscoll

"On 19 July 2012 O'Driscoll was appointed as manager of Nottingham Forest. By 31 August 2012 he had signed 11 new players"

However,

"After just five months in charge of the club, just hours after a 4-2 victory over Leeds, O'Driscoll was sacked on 26 December 2012."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Driscoll

His win percentage was very good at forest. Surprised he got sacked when he did.

The lad is about 12 reading responses to what he is putting on Twitter. Don't think I would worry about that one. Would people be against a dickov return with someone like Odriscoll steadying the ship?

Why not just have O'Driscoll? Waste of a wage when we have a limited budget IMO.

We can't afford any more gambles with time...I appreciate they want to get it right but even the right man won't be able to assemble any decent team soon with the time they have left.

I'd rather gamble with time than gamble with the actual appointment.

If it takes another week to get the calibre of Evans, O'Driscoll or Cotterill I'd rather wait than dive in for a Bunn or Adams today. Or, even moreso, :censored:ing Dickov.

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest Stanley30

I'd rather gamble with time than gamble with the actual appointment.

If it takes another week to get the calibre of Evans, O'Driscoll or Cotterill I'd rather wait than dive in for a Bunn or Adams today. Or, even moreso, :censored:ing Dickov.

Most sensible thing posted on here for a few weeks. 100% agree, we need to think long term with this one

Most sensible thing posted on here for a few weeks. 100% agree, we need to think long term with this one

I agree that we shouldn't make any knee-jerk decisions with the new boss that we might regret, but the worry is the amount of recruitment that needs to be made. Especially if the players who haven't signed new deals don't re-sign. We need to have a manager in place so that we don't bring in players who the new boss might not like.

Perhaps OWTB should get a team ready for the Huddersfield game just to give them more time. I'm fit enough to hold up the track suit tops when people get substituted.

I would like a team up and running for the Bury game - can't see us getting any points before that.

Perhaps OWTB should get a team ready for the Huddersfield game just to give them more time. I'm fit enough to hold up the track suit tops when people get substituted.

I would like a team up and running for the Bury game - can't see us getting any points before that.

I will watch you all in training and pick a team accordingly.

Poignant question how did we get to the situation of having so few contracted players & who is to blame for us being in this predicament?

ask corney our chairman who hasn't said :censored: all since telling us to stop playing with flares!! Months ago

Poignant question how did we get to the situation of having so few contracted players & who is to blame for us being in this predicament?

We didn't know what division we were playing in so couldn't make firm offers.

Manager decided released and retained and offered contracts.

Manager left.

Contracts not yet accepted (awaiting appointment).

Not really hard to answer.

probably a few different aspects that have worked together to make it as it is ..

...a number of loan players all going back to their clubs

... Shez 'maybe' letting a few know that they weren't in his plans before he jumped ship!

... a few more can obviously see what's going on behind the scenes and have moved on to ensure their livelihoods

... lack of manager to ensure new arrivals

... and to add to the mix, I'd also hazard a guess that a mix of all the above will possibly be asked by potential signings if we're all worth it!

either way, I'd say it's something along those lines!

Edited by thetramdriver