New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

His Bristol city win percentage was 28%, Walsall win percentage was 37.5%, forest 38.6% average over his career is 36%. Sheridans win percentage over his managers career is 38% and that was only because of his win ratio in his most recent spell with us otherwise it would have been the same or lower. Dowies is also 38% over his career. So on the actual facts odriscoll is very good manager.

...and 38% of your conclusions from the above stats are non sequiturs

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but my only point is that my experience is that appointing people who change jobs regularly whether voluntarily or for competence reasons usually leave you with a problem

I agree with you. But worse if it's because they've repeatedly been sacked after a short spell.

O Driscoll. Last 4 league management jobs..64 days and 0 games at Crawley, 16 games at Walsall 26 at Forest and 44 at Bristol City.

I know very little about him but CVs which show very short tenures in jobs always worried me.

He spent 5 years at Donny and 6 as manager at Bournemouth (22 in different capacities). He can do loyalty in the right environment.

His Bournemouth and Doncaster teams were a delight to watch very good passing sides.

I agree. He was given a period of time, and he was very successful. Then he's had a series of small stints where he's not had the chance to get going before...he's gone. This would be a good opportunity for him to get back on track with a squad he can mould from scratch.

I'd be happy with sod.

His Bournemouth and Doncaster teams were a delight to watch very good passing sides.

About 50 years ago. As mentioned earlier, he was the leader of a Walsall side that crumbled when in a great position.

Bit "meh" about him. Not excited, but not completely against it.

I'm still just glad we didn't end up with that :censored: Evans...

Whichever way you look at it any manager we recruit will be starting on the back foot to say the least. Experienced managers with a couple of payouts in their back pocket will think I don't fancy that one,got to recruit a whole team and pre season starts next week,big risk to my CV. They would be putting their future perceived careers in jeopardy.

As a Director you have to assess the situation,move forward and minimise risk.We can say the Board have been unlucky with Evans, but how long has the process taken,before engaging with Evans our famed Due Diligence Department should have known that a sniff of a job nearer his Peterborough home would have put us out of the running,notwithstanding the salary on offer. Did we make Evans aware of the Winding up Order or was the Sky News report on Monday surprise to him ?

The Board have messed up again and we are deeper in the mire than last year.

I think getting someone like SOD would be a bit of a coup in our current state. OK, his stock has fallen a little but he knows this division well, has an acceptable win ratio across all his clubs and will have solid contacts so expect he'll be able to make a small budget go a long way.

As for Graham Wesley, any :censored: who wears a white v-neck tee shirt underneath a suit, rolls out motivational buzz words by the bucketload and looks like one of those knobheads standing at the bar in a Premier Inn on a work overnighter we need to avoid. :censored: me, I'd KNOW our board were trying to wind me up if they appointed that dick.

The average tenure for a football manager in England now is 11 months. Their were over 50 management changes within the 92 league clubs. It's a high turnover profession.

So statistically we should have had 1.4 managers not 5 in last 15 months?

Edited by Magister