Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maine never stops running and s a real nuisance. He can also hold up the ball, something Murphy is incapable of. Murphy struggles to control a ball and more often than not it bounces of him. However if we get relegated he would be very useful against poorer defenders, and would probably be Shez's 20 goal a season striker, But not in L1

Has Murphy ever started a game up front alongside Holloway since Holloway has been here, I think that could have worked, alright Murphy wouldn't do the running and nuisance you allude to in Main, but Murphy knows where the net is.

Has Murphy ever started a game up front alongside Holloway since Holloway has been here, I think that could have worked, alright Murphy wouldn't do the running and nuisance you allude to in Main, but Murphy knows where the net is.

Just the Blackpool game starting together.

Guest nonaenever

Just the Blackpool game starting together.

...and that was the game where Murphy ":censored: out" of throwing himself at the ball from a cross for a certain goal. He would have clattered the post too but I said on another thread, that was it for me - showed his lack of desire for us. Good riddance for me - slow and ponderous at this level - and no fight whatsoever.

...and that was the game where Murphy ":censored: out" of throwing himself at the ball from a cross for a certain goal. He would have clattered the post too but I said on another thread, that was it for me - showed his lack of desire for us. Good riddance for me - slow and ponderous at this level - and no fight whatsoever.

Yea cos we're blessed with fighters throughout this team aren't we?

Part of the reason we're where we are in the League is cos we have too many players who don't give a :censored:, though shipping out the only striker we have who can score goals and replacing him with two who can't is another reason.

Guest nonaenever

erm....... he doesn't score goals for us. He did at Crawley because he showed fight and spirit - because he wants to settle down south - not happy up north - obvious to a blind man with a stick. Don't take my humble word for it - trust the maestro - he's let him out on loan again - is Shez wrong then in your opinion?

Murphy strikes me as a confidence player. When he came back from his loan, where he clearly did well, he looked confident and scored a couple of goals. He was making intelligent runs, which for the most part were not seen by the man on the ball and looked a handful.

But then he went a few games without a goal and the confidence just ebbed away. He stopped making those runs and the ball started bouncing off him and, at times, he didn't look 100 % committed.

I think it's true he wants to be down south, but I also think he's certain in himself that he can cut it in league 2 but he's not sure he has what it takes in league 1.

Personally I think most players who shine in league 2 are good enough for league 1 because there isn't a huge difference in standard, but I'm not sure he believes that.

I'm not sure Murphy will be that much of a miss tbh hrs got 3 in 10 starts and more from the bench for us. You look at his work outside the penalty area it's negligible now if he was a 1 in 2 striker then you can tolerate that but he doesn't score enough at league 1 level atleast to justify that.

He will be playing in league 2 next season and be pretty successful for who he plays for particularly a team from the south east.

Got another year on his contract so doubt we'll be letting him go for nothing at least .

Mutual agreement to cancel the contract.

It's funny that Shez has treated Murphy like this, because he's clearly kept an eye on the League 2 clubs around him, given we've brought in Holloway and Palmer, so with Murphy having done so well in that league it's surprising Shez hasn't given him more of a chance. Must be led by the player.

erm....... he doesn't score goals for us. He did at Crawley because he showed fight and spirit - because he wants to settle down south - not happy up north - obvious to a blind man with a stick. Don't take my humble word for it - trust the maestro - he's let him out on loan again - is Shez wrong then in your opinion?

Yea I think he is. We're not scoring enough goals, obvious to a blind man with a stick, he's scored three more goals for us than our other two forwards put together. The reason he hasn't scored more is cos he's not been given a decent run in the team, unlike Main and Holloway. I think it's a crazy decision to loan him out. What would we have lost by starting him and giving him the opportunity?

How many goals have they scored in those games?

0 but Murphy scored 3 in 24 appearances for OAFC you are building him up like he's a goal machine. He's not.

What we've learned from staying in this division for 19 years is that you don't need a 20 goal a season striker just to stay up. You probably do to get out of it though granted.

Do you think they get paid more for a win bonus or a goal bonus?

Don't understand that comment. Without a forward who can score we're going to struggle to win enough games to stay up bearing in mind the teams we have to play. Main and Holloway haven't produced, Murphy has and to farm him out on loan given our situation makes no sense.

Don't understand that comment. Without a forward who can score we're going to struggle to win enough games to stay up bearing in mind the teams we have to play. Main and Holloway haven't produced, Murphy has and to farm him out on loan given our situation makes no sense.

I felt entitled to answer a question with another question as that is exactly what you did when asked one directly.

Main & Holloway have produced. When they've played in the team, we've had good results which get converted into points. (Currently not sure if you've grasped that points are key in how league tables are organised but we'll take it slowly for now).

I felt entitled to answer a question with another question as that is exactly what you did when asked one directly.

Main & Holloway have produced. When they've played in the team, we've had good results which get converted into points. (Currently not sure if you've grasped that points are key in how league tables are organised but we'll take it slowly for now).

Not goal wise they haven't. Murphy has, and before you say that was in League 2 have a quick check to see what division Wycombe are in.

Cheers for clarifying how the league system works though, I've struggled with that for many years. Perhaps you can also explain how playing two strikers without a goal between them in 14 games is going to ensure we score enough to win the games we need to stay up?