Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article mentions 3 bids and 2 player rejections so we can't be certain that a bid was accepted for Murphy.

• 1 month later...

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what Curtis Main offers that Murphy doesn't,

Completely different players. Main does a lot more running and is far stronger. A "forward"

Murphy is a goalscorer, a "striker" and the closest we've got to the clever player Shez describes he wants. It baffles me why nobody has given him a proper run, especially JS.

I've come to the conclusion Murphy must be an absolute :censored:. And a proper southern one at that.

Probably starts every sentence with "mate" and ends it with "yeah?"

Don't think we'll see him again.

Completely different players. Main does a lot more running and is far stronger. A "forward"

Murphy is a goalscorer, a "striker" and the closest we've got to the clever player Shez describes he wants. It baffles me why nobody has given him a proper run, especially JS.

I've come to the conclusion Murphy must be an absolute :censored:. And a proper southern one at that.

We're in a relegation scrap. We can't afford to have players who are not committed. He clearly isn't from his displays. If he was up for it and prepared to play on the shoulder he may have been worth keeping.

Main is arguably not even a striker. Murphy probably hasn't adjusted to life up here, or being slated at every opportunity.

We've wasted yet another potential goalscorer.

We're in a relegation scrap. We can't afford to have players who are not committed. He clearly isn't from his displays. If he was up for it and prepared to play on the shoulder he may have been worth keeping.

Has he been given enough time to do any of that though?

I'd like to have seen him left in for 5 games to see what we've got once and for all....

He looked good right before Dunn farmed him out

Right move for all parties I think. I can imagine that he hasn't properly settled here due to a variety of factors. Notably moving away from the London area, not getting a regular run in the side and adapting to the systems of 5 different managers here in a year. Now that he's going to a team that's challenging at the top of a level he's proven at in a location he knows, I think he'll thrive.

That said, he hasn't done enough here and has been ineffective since Colchester. In the battle that we're in, an out-of-form and unsettled poacher isn't going to offer as much as a worker like Main is on a regular basis so I could see Shez's logic in this move. Not sure I fully agree with it but it's probably the best option.

If the rumours about Kellett are true then it should give us options on the left, allowing Forte to play more advanced which (injuries permitting of course) would be an upgrade on Murphy.

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what Curtis Main offers that Murphy doesn't, but if this facilitates us moving for Andy Kellett then I'm not going to complain, cos he's a good player...

Maine never stops running and s a real nuisance. He can also hold up the ball, something Murphy is incapable of. Murphy struggles to control a ball and more often than not it bounces of him. However if we get relegated he would be very useful against poorer defenders, and would probably be Shez's 20 goal a season striker, But not in L1