Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of which will struggle to get better deals than they are on here too IMO (Cornell, Mills, Brown, B Wilson, Forte, Croft, Poleon in particular). if the move really doesn't float there boat we are likely to be stuck with them and the budget is restricted unless someone wants to throw some cash at a chance of saving us of relegation.

I am sure Corney will calculate the cost of relegation and therefore what he is willing to invest to give us a chance of not going down.

Just goes to show how big a balls up they made of appointing D Kelly. It could cost us our place in this division as there has been chaos ever since and we have never recovered.

Rhys can weigh up what the :censored: he wants but you're contracted for another 18 months sunbeam if the club want him he stays if he isn't he goes simples

That news report suggests the club are open to the idea of letting him go, otherwise there'd be no ongoing discussions.

Most of which will struggle to get better deals than they are on here too IMO (Cornell, Mills, Brown, B Wilson, Forte, Croft, Poleon in particular). if the move really doesn't float there boat we are likely to be stuck with them and the budget is restricted unless someone wants to throw some cash at a chance of saving us of relegation.

I am sure Corney will calculate the cost of relegation and therefore what he is willing to invest to give us a chance of not going down.

Just goes to show how big a balls up they made of appointing D Kelly. It could cost us our place in this division as there has been chaos ever since and we have never recovered.

But Darren Kelly didn't sign anyone did he? It gets confusing on here at times! Edited by yarddog73

That news report suggests the club are open to the idea of letting him go, otherwise there'd be no ongoing discussions.

Isn't it just a repeat of an article from before Christmas when he hadn't yet played for us?

I'm sure I've read it before, plus it talks about the transfer window opening in a week.

Isn't it just a repeat of an article from before Christmas when he hadn't yet played for us?

I'm sure I've read it before, plus it talks about the transfer window opening in a week.

Yes, but that could mean the interview was conducted between 28th and 31st Jan, before he knew if he would be playing (and scoring) for us again.

But Darren Kelly didn't sign anyone did he? It gets confusing on here at times!

Debatable as to whether Cassidy, Croft, Green, Cornell were or weren't his signings but even still it was clear he was inept. It can't be a great starting point to be part of this set up as a player to then become the leader of that peer group. I'm not defending Dunn he made his bed, however I don't think they were concrete foundations to start from and will greatly of contributed to a severe lack of motivation and focus far earlier than even OAFC are used to this season. (We at least usually put in a decent shift for the first 6 months before the mindset changes)

Edited by Blue_Guru

Yes, but that could mean the interview was conducted between 28th and 31st Jan, before he knew if he would be playing (and scoring) for us again.

From the bottom of the article...

*This article was originally published in The FLP on 27 December 2015.

So after this he's played both games and scored twice. Don't doubt Crawley are still trying to sign him mind.

Sure it says 27th. May be wrong

From the bottom of the article...

*This article was originally published in The FLP on 27 December 2015.

So after this he's played both games and scored twice. Don't doubt Crawley are still trying to sign him mind.

I am comfortably able to believe he said next week alluding to 8 days hence rather than say 195 hours 30 mins and 20 seconds...!

I am comfortably able to believe he said next week alluding to 8 days hence rather than say 195 hours 30 mins and 20 seconds...!

Just understood what u meant before. Thought u wanted know exact date it was published. I think I'm with you. Might not be. Been a long day

"Wouldn't reveal if it would be another loan or permanent deal" ???

Why on earth would we loan him back to them at this stage? Deal or no deal but I would rather us keep the lad.

I think you will find he had sweet FA to do with the signing of Dunn, probably at least one or two of the others as well.

Thought it was common knowledge that a big part of the clubs doubts on Kelly came from his contacts in the game not being what he had advertised and that Anthony Gee and Barry Owen were instrumental in several of the signings. If I call correctly, Gee confirmed that about signings on the GMR phone in they went on.

Also lets not forget the fiasco started when LJ left. And all summer a proper CB was the first thing on the shopping list...and still is!

Kelly's blame in all this is smaller than people like to think. He went for the job, told a porky or two to get it and voila...he's in the role. The foundations were crumbling and shaken well before he arrived but Dunn is now taking a wrecking ball to the rest.

I don't think anyone's blamed Kelly for being appointed in a position he should never have got. It's obvious who's responsible for that. They are simply highlighting that it was probably the most significant piece of the puzzle that sees us 5 points adrift of safety at this stage of the season

I don't think anyone's blamed Kelly for being appointed in a position he should never have got. It's obvious who's responsible for that. They are simply highlighting that it was probably the most significant piece of the puzzle that sees us 5 points adrift of safety at this stage of the season

Yet ironically, I don't believe we would be 5pts adrift of safety if he hadn't been sacked. Something we'll never know.

I've always said this. We were much harder to beat under Kelly.

He had a plan. It was somewhat crippled once Cassidy was injured but he was trying to work out the best way to go next (doesn't help when Forte gets himself sent off.) We were hard to beat until some players literally downed tools vs Posh. It's happened again since under Dunn twice (Scunny and Southend) and will happen again. Dunn hasn't taken us forwards at all and in many ways has taken us backwards. Hence he deserves the sack more than Kelly did.

Edited by boundaryblue80

He had a plan. It was somewhat crippled once Cassidy was injured but he was trying to work out the best way to go next (doesn't help when Forte gets himself sent off.) We were hard to beat until some players literally downed tools vs Posh. It's happened again since under Dunn twice (Scunny and Southend) and will happen again. Dunn hasn't taken us forwards at all and it many ways has taken us backwards. Hence he deserves the sack more than Kelly did.

I saw an away strategy at bury without Cassidy. Good performance that.

Edited by welshgaz