Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably can't wait to get away from the place and it doesn't help that we're on our 4th manager since he came in!!!

Or away from the abusive environment that BP can create.

He has scored 2 in 2 starts at BP. It cant be that toxic can it.

Edited by yarddog73

He's 25, has 18 months left on his contract and has scored 11 goals in 20 games this season.

Our board gets a lot of stick, and rightly so in many cases, but I can't see we'd be that inept to let him go for £35k. Those rumour sites are all the same - littered with postman Matt types desperate for a bite.

I'd like to agree with you NZ, but we are selling our best player and captian for an alleged £200k. Based on LK's value, 35k for Murphy night not be so far away.

I'd like to agree with you NZ, but we are selling our best player and captian for an alleged £200k. Based on LK's value, 35k for Murphy night not be so far away.

Big Joe used to say you cant have enough strikers, looks like we are selling the only one who could score 20 goals a season.

Have we learned nothing from the Adam Rooney departure?

Edited by BP1960

Proven, in form goal scorers go for more than defensive midfielders usually. And for much more than £35k. Would he be on more wages at Crawley? Can't see it being much different than us. If he wants away and his agent has any sort of ability he'd be being touted to championship clubs struggling to score, not the bottom half of League 2.

Bug Joe used to say you cant have enough strikers, looks like we are selling the only one who could score 20 goals a season.

Have we learned nothing fron the Adam Rooney departure?

It's an unsubstantiated rumours site. His loan ended and Dunn put him straight into the team and changed formation presumably to suit him better. Unless we are financially in the :censored:e, as bad as some of the board's decisions have been recently I can't see us selling him for peanuts to the league below.

Talking of 'strikers' I just checked the stats....Fuller has played twice and made 4 sub appearances and has yet to have a shot on target. lol

Has this guy left the club or is he still here?

He's still stood in the same spot he was in during the Crewe game. Crewe thought about complaining during their next home game but realised that he was as much involved in that game as when they played us. Groundsman just cuts round him now.

Talking of 'strikers' I just checked the stats....Fuller has played twice and made 4 sub appearances and has yet to have a shot on target. lol

Has this guy left the club or is he still here?

He is probably one of the two playrs Dunn said he'd sign, we are building a team round him its all part of the plan.

Big Joe used to say you cant have enough strikers, looks like we are selling the only one who could score 20 goals a season.

Have we learned nothing fron the Adam Rooney departure?

Evidently not BP. Like NZ said it's only a rumor site, and you never know if these things are true. I'm hoping we do keep hold or even get a decent fee for him, I can just see us excepting a nominal fee for him.

Rumour (!) site from yesterday

01 Jan 2016 13:08:43

Oldham have accepted an offer from Crawely Town for striker Rhys Murphy, the fee is a nominal amount of around 35K, Murphy has agreed terms and will put pen to paper on a 2 year deal early next week.

Wow, I can't believe some gullible :censored:ers are believing this!