Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I see someone say we had 10 points from 12 when Holloway and Main have started together? Who cares about their goals if we're getting the points needed to stay up? If they don't score and we lose then drop one or both. But if they don't score and we win then what's the problem?! Bizarre complaint.

Not goal wise they haven't. Murphy has, and before you say that was in League 2 have a quick check to see what division Wycombe are in.

Cheers for clarifying how the league system works though, I've struggled with that for many years. Perhaps you can also explain how playing two strikers without a goal between them in 14 games is going to ensure we score enough to win the games we need to stay up?

After being a quiet watcher on this forum for a few months I can tell you're the sort of person who will argue black is white and refuse to acknowledge anyone else as having a valid point unless it agrees with yours. Probably a fan of Dunn too

After being a quiet watcher on this forum for a few months I can tell you're the sort of person who will argue black is white and refuse to acknowledge anyone else as having a valid point unless it agrees with yours. Probably a fan of Dunn too

Yes. There are a few like that knocking about this forum unfortunately. Shame really as there is some interesting genuine debate often ruined by it.

Any suggestion that we'd be doing better with Murphy in the team at the minute than either Main or Holloway is silly, in my humble opinion.

I'm not sure agreeing is allowed on this forum but I'll give it a go. Murphy's goal record suggests he may have scored one maybe two in the games Holloway and Main have played. However his complete inability to maintain possession (unlike Holloway) and close down defenders (unlike Main) mean the ball would have spent considerably more time in our penalty box meaning we almost certainly would have conceded more. They've both been instrumental in our improvement.

Guest nonaenever

I'm not sure agreeing is allowed on this forum but I'll give it a go. Murphy's goal record suggests he may have scored one maybe two in the games Holloway and Main have played. However his complete inability to maintain possession (unlike Holloway) and close down defenders (unlike Main) mean the ball would have spent considerably more time in our penalty box meaning we almost certainly would have conceded more. They've both been instrumental in our improvement.

Spot on sir

Holloway's goals today reinforced what I think about him, and Main to an extent.

Both were instinctive finishes, little time to think. He spurned a couple of chances where he had to think in the first half, so did Main.

Murphy still offers us relative composure in front of goal.

Holloway's goals today reinforced what I think about him, and Main to an extent.

Both were instinctive finishes, little time to think. He spurned a couple of chances where he had to think in the first half, so did Main.

Murphy still offers us relative composure in front of goal.

Murphy's finish today reinforced what I think about him. It was in League Two.

Wow. it only took you 5 posts, I was wondering when you'd slime back.

• 3 months later...

paid 20k didnt we? there is no way we should let him go on a free as he has proved that he can score at that level. I reckon it could come back to bite us on the arse but from all accounts the lad wants to move closer to family so we should cash in.

Perhaps you can also explain how playing two strikers without a goal between them in 14 games is going to ensure we score enough to win the games we need to stay up?

How did that work out?

• 2 weeks later...