Rhys Murphy

He had a plan. It was somewhat crippled once Cassidy was injured but he was trying to work out the best way to go next (doesn't help when Forte gets himself sent off.) We were hard to beat until some players literally downed tools vs Posh. It's happened again since under Dunn twice (Scunny and Southend) and will happen again. Dunn hasn't taken us forwards at all and in many ways has taken us backwards. Hence he deserves the sack more than Kelly did.

Not sure if i'm understanding this right. So the players "literally"? downed tools under Kelly and again under Dunn, twice, therefore Dunn deserves the sack more than Kelly did. So if Dunn's sacked and the players decide to "down tools", (literally of course), under the new manager in three games, will he be even more deserving of the sack?

Total utter nonsense, Dunn is well aware some players jacked it in in certain games, that's why he's actively trying to ship them out, which is all credit to him. One thing Dunn did as a player was give 100% every game, it must be galling for him when a team of professional footballers under his charge can't be arsed, he deserves the opportunity to bring players in who will actually live up to their job title and act like a professional. Maybe instead of the board interviewing prospective managers the players should be conducting them, then at least they'll get someone they like.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further evidence that these ARE decent players......?

They are decent players. Just mentally weak. IF Dunn gets his way and manages to offload the ones he described as happy just to be a pro in league 1 or 2 then it'd be fascinating to see how many of them forge a successful career in the top half of league 1 or higher.

Not sure if i'm understanding this right. So the players "literally"? downed tools under Kelly and again under Dunn, twice, therefore Dunn deserves the sack more than Kelly did. So if Dunn's sacked and the players decide to "down tools", (literally of course), under the new manager in three games, will he be even more deserving of the sack?

Total utter nonsense, Dunn is well aware some players jacked it in in certain games, that's why he's actively trying to ship them out, which is all credit to him. One thing Dunn did as a player was give 100% every game, it must be galling for him when a team of professional footballers under his charge can't be arsed, he deserves the opportunity to bring players in who will actually live up to their job title and act like a professional. Maybe instead of the board interviewing prospective managers the players should be conducting them, then at least they'll get someone they like.

Hank...

We're you at the Fleetwood game? In what way did Dunn give 100%?

They are decent players. Just mentally weak. IF Dunn gets his way and manages to offload the ones he described as happy just to be a pro in league 1 or 2 then it'd be fascinating to see how many of them forge a successful career in the top half of league 1 or higher.

'They are decent players. Just mentally weak'.

That's because Johnson carried out due diligence on all his signings!

But Dunn has kept picking the players that have consistently not been good enough. Cornell and James Wilson for two of them. It was only when Wilson literally did nothing as he watched a ball roll over the line that Dunn (far too late) was forced to drop him. And he STILL hasn't dropped Cornell who has continued to screw us over. It's been obvious to everyone for weeks. And he's had 8 loanees is it? Improved us have they? I don't trust Dunn to bring in the right personnel and even less trust his man management to get the team performing. We go down if he stays and I'm not prepared to wait until May to say "told you so"

Edited by boundaryblue80

Arguably, the thing he's most famous for is that failed piece of trickery when he fell flat on his arse while playing for Birmingham. While it was undoubtedly funny at the time, he looked ridiculous and arrogant and came across like he wasn't taking the game seriously.

Hardly a shining example..

He had a plan. It was somewhat crippled once Cassidy was injured but he was trying to work out the best way to go next (doesn't help when Forte gets himself sent off.) We were hard to beat until some players literally downed tools vs Posh. It's happened again since under Dunn twice (Scunny and Southend) and will happen again. Dunn hasn't taken us forwards at all and in many ways has taken us backwards. Hence he deserves the sack more than Kelly did.

Kelly's days were severely numbered the minute Dunn walked through the door. Dunn coming in, with rumours immediately surfacing that he was lined up as Kelly's replacement, left him in a near-untenable position. If it's true that coming to Latics had been sold to Dunn on the basis he would soon be manager, the club created a ridiculous conflict of interest as it meant Dunn had much vested in us performing badly. Kelly was utterly out of his depth but no more so than Dunn and I struggle to see how it could have been much worse if we'd left him in charge.

Still, we do things proper round 'ere.

Kelly's days were severely numbered the minute Dunn walked through the door. Dunn coming in, with rumours immediately surfacing that he was lined up as Kelly's replacement, left him in a near-untenable position. If it's true that coming to Latics had been sold to Dunn on the basis he would soon be manager, the club created a ridiculous conflict of interest as it meant Dunn had much vested in us performing badly. Kelly was utterly out of his depth but no more so than Dunn and I struggle to see how it could have been much worse if we'd left him in charge.

Still, we do things proper round 'ere.

Yes, how it happened was very wrong...Kelly could have remained had the club come out and backed him from day one. Even from game 7 they could have quashed all rumours and uncertainty. Kelly alone was a sitting duck. Done properly, I think we would have more points than we currently have now.

I don't think either Kelly or Dunn, should have been anywhere near getting our managers job,Didn't corney say he had the best list of applicants ever? I also think both of the above have had a huge effect on player confidence and form. An example being mills probobly up there with the best in this league in his position last season, lucky if he gets picked this one.

But Dunn has kept picking the players that have consistently not been good enough. Cornell and James Wilson for two of them. It was only when Wilson literally did nothing as he watched a ball roll over the line that Dunn (far too late) was forced to drop him. And he STILL hasn't dropped Cornell who has continued to screw us over. It's been obvious to everyone for weeks. And he's had 8 loanees is it? Improved us have they? I don't trust Dunn to bring in the right personnel and even less trust his man management to get the team performing. We go down if he stays and I'm not prepared to wait until May to say "told you so"

Who could he have picked instead of James Wilson considering both Burn and O'Connell were both out injured?. And I can just see how that would have gone down if he'd paired either of them with Dieng. He moved Brian Wilson to centre half at the first opportunity. Cornell - yea he's been a nightmare but Coleman made costly mistakes, I think Dunn initially played Cornell as he was trying to protect a young keeper by taking him out of the firing line, okay it's backfired but it isn't Dunn's fault he was left with two keepers who aren't good enough, (though Coleman may be in time) Putting a young keeper behind our defence the way they've been performing would have been grossly unfair. As for the loan signings, I would contend that Lafferty, Dummigan and Higdon improved us, Rasulo offered something different, Fulton did well though not consistently, probably because he's still young and inexperienced, Wellens has definitely improved us can't think of the other 2 but I'm sure you'll point them out.

If Dunn stays we may well go down, if he's replaced it's a certainty.

Edited by Hank Kingsley

• 3 weeks later...

I like him.

He came on last night and you could tell he really, really wants to score goals.

He needs a bit of polishing (which we know Shez can do with a striker) but, depending on who else comes, in he should be first choice upfront for me.

He can finish (a bit) but he also tries to, and wants to, make his own goals like he did last night just after he came on.

Given a run he'll bag a few whether he gets good enough service or doesn't. We don't have another striker like that.

I was a Murphy is useless campaigner when he was playing up front on his own.

Since he came back from Crawley i have watched him closer as i thought no mugs score 10 goals in 16 games at any level.

He makes some great runs off the ball but unfortunately we don't have anybody at the moment who can pick the right ball out to play him in ,

Maybe Palmer can do that and coupled with a big front man i think he could be our 20 goals a season striker.

Much prefer him to Poleon who is getting more frustrating as each game passes.

I was a Murphy is useless campaigner when he was playing up front on his own.

Since he came back from Crawley i have watched him closer as i thought no mugs score 10 goals in 16 games at any level.

He makes some great runs off the ball but unfortunately we don't have anybody at the moment who can pick the right ball out to play him in ,

Maybe Palmer can do that and coupled with a big front man i think he could be our 20 goals a season striker.

Much prefer him to Poleon who is getting more frustrating as each game passes.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, to be fair though he was bloody useless when we first saw him! But you can see now he has something, for me all that's lacking is a yard or two of pace, it's a pity we can't make a hybrid out of him and Poleon.

Let's hope he can build a partnership with Cassidy, if the pair of them could muster 15 goals between them between now and the end of the season it would probably see us safe. It's a big if though at this stage.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts, to be fair though he was bloody useless when we first saw him! But you can see now he has something, for me all that's lacking is a yard or two of pace, it's a pity we can't make a hybrid out of him and Poleon.

Let's hope he can build a partnership with Cassidy, if the pair of them could muster 15 goals between them between now and the end of the season it would probably see us safe. It's a big if though at this stage.

If we had the hybrid, we would end up with someone slow as :censored: that struggles to control a ball.