Jim McMahon, new MP

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

The only people moving into Oldham are from Romania and South Asia in the main. M&S have been paid £6,000,000 to move here apparently. The town has not attracted a cinema, he's just building one. That's the problem Odeon or Cineworld didn't think it was worth the cash to build in the town hall so the taxpayer of Oldham is paying for it.

He's a force for good but don't be blinded.

So without the council putting money into the town there wouldn't be many decent places to shop, the Town Hall would be rotting away, there would never be a cinema restaurant complex, there wouldn't be anything to attract other shops or businesses and there wouldn't be the extra hundreds of jobs that they all provide.

When you think of the stagnating alternative, I reckon the taxpayers investments are worthwhile .

]

So without the council putting money into the town there wouldn't be many decent places to shop, the Town Hall would be rotting away, there would never be a cinema restaurant complex, there wouldn't be anything to attract other shops or businesses and there wouldn't be the extra hundreds of jobs that they all provide.

When you think of the stagnating alternative, I reckon the taxpayers investments are worthwhile .

Agreed inward investment is vital.....the only caveat I would add is that phrases like " the council putting money in" suggest some element of philanthropy. The council do not have any money...they use and spend OUR money and in Oldham's case money borrowed that WE have to pay back. I am not disagreeing with the choices the council has made at all but I have a pet hate about people saying the government / council should provide this that or t'others. Neither of them have any money..we provide it and they make decisions and choices about it...we are empowered to approve or disapprove

The key for me was that Latics could do business with Jim McMahon and the current council administration, unlike some previous administrations. I just hope the club can work with the new leader - whoever s/he maybe.

Mr McMahon wants the rugby on Latics, mr McMahon was prepared to scrap the mew stand gym and withdraw use of Chapel Road had we continued with a Board decision last December ..allegedly. Absolutely the club needs to work with the towns administrations but it must be as partners.....eg look what the partnership of FIFA and Qatar achieved

Mr McMahon wants the rugby on Latics, mr McMahon was prepared to scrap the mew stand gym and withdraw use of Chapel Road had we continued with a Board decision last December ..allegedly. Absolutely the club needs to work with the towns administrations but it must be as partners.....eg look what the partnership of FIFA and Qatar achieved

This is all very new. To suddenly cast him in a good light.

Don't have a problem if that is what he did mind.

I do have a problem with other decisions he has made.

He's not the Messiah.