New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's clearly something going on behind the scenes - as per Matt Chambers tweet about the staff not knowing what's going on... thus something's going on!

He was clearly hedging his bets with that tweet. He'd just posted he had spoken to Dunn and singing were imminent, then the Jackanory tweets came out and he tweeted that just in case Dunn had gone.

I like Matt Chambers a lot, but he has done this quite a few times now. Just the little line at the end, just in case.

Edited by singe

:clown: Farce nothing more, someone from the club is checking social media and know the fans want answers, What's happened to the club I love :titanic:

Why should the club comment on idle speculation?

They would be putting statements out every ten seconds.

No Dunn isn't going.

No Cornell isn't injured.

No Bove hasn't left the club.

Yes Cornell has been taken out to the pasture and shot, I mean No...

:clown: Farce nothing more, someone from the club is checking social media and know the fans want answers, What's happened to the club I love :titanic:

I really don't think this was anything to do with the club at all, just some hack taking a wild guess by adding 2 + and getting 5.

If you read the article associated with him, it's purely on the basis of our position and the fact there was a Board meeting.

Said earlier in the week that I'd been told he wasn't going anywhere until the end of the season. Obviously that could change if we have a catastrophic couple of months, but I fully expect him to be given the January window to try and get some players in...

Another catastrophic couple of months it is then, we will be down by the end of Feb if this clowns still in charge, he must of dished out a couple of rusty trombones at that meeting yesterday.

Another catastrophic couple of months it is then, we will be down by the end of Feb if this clowns still in charge, he must of dished out a couple of rusty trombones at that meeting yesterday.

You're preaching to the choir with me. I'm just passing on what I was told. Like I said on Sunday, make of it what you like...

Well he's in for this Mansfield lad now. Who surprise, surprise, is currently injured. So that's Eckersley, Dummigan, Lafferty and now this lad that he's chased while not fit/injured. Great! Odds shortening on us going down by the day.

He was clearly hedging his bets with that tweet. He'd just posted he had spoken to Dunn and singing were imminent, then the Jackanory tweets came out and he tweeted that just in case Dunn had gone.

I like Matt Chambers a lot, but he has done this quite a few times now. Just the little line at the end, just in case.

And it's no nay never....no nay never more, till we play Bastard Rovers...

Said earlier in the week that I'd been told he wasn't going anywhere until the end of the season. Obviously that could change if we have a catastrophic couple of months, but I fully expect him to be given the January window to try and get some players in...

Although, if we get beat on Saturday...

Although, if we get beat on Saturday...

I thought he may have been given Saturdays game to finally get a tune out of his players, if Simon is in attendance I'm sure he will want to gauge the atmosphere and strength or lack of support for the manager before making any decision, Dunn won't want to see a repeat of the performance he was part of against Peterborough earlier this season from his players. He will be hoping he still has enough of them onside to get a positive result.

Pete Rourke is the same guy that said we were signing Islam Feruz in the summer...

Aye, that HITC website is full of :censored:. They've posted several articles this seasons claiming news which none have come into fruition.

That entire website is just click-bait viral bullshít.

I'd rather that we had someone else leading us in this battle against relegation, but if we aren't going to sack him now and we're going to give him the chance to bring in a fair amount of players then this is the point that I'd be happy enough to draw a line under the issue and give Dunn the rest of the season.

We either get worse and no one else will have the fair chance to turn it around or we get better and there's no clear need to make a change. There's a fair chance that we'll get relegated but it certainly won't be entirely Dunn's fault if we do and, regardless of whether we are in League One or Two by next July, I expect Dunn to have put in place tangible signs that we are heading in the right direction in order to justify him keeping his job for next season. The board must help him by doing the simple things well and give him a stable environment to work in, otherwise the club will again struggle at whichever level we play at.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh