New manager being discussed?

People saying regardless that these players should be busting a gut 100% regardless as they're playing for the shirt? Do me a favour.

If my 4th boss in 12 months, another with no experience of management, was slagging me and my colleagues off at every opportunity, we were being paid late and he was saying he was looking at binning us off to bring new staff in, motivated and passionate would be the last thing I was.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People saying regardless that these players should be busting a gut 100% regardless as they're playing for the shirt? Do me a favour.

If my 4th boss in 12 months, another with no experience of management, was slagging me and my colleagues off at every opportunity, we were being paid late and he was saying he was looking at binning us off to bring new staff in, motivated and passionate would be the last thing I was.

Couldn't agree more - we are fans so put up with the :censored: to an extent. The players are employees turning up to pay their mortgages like the majority of us do at our respective employers. Would any of us be motivated if all that the above has just mentioned was going on in our jobs??

Hill had more influence than Barry ever did, in my (limited) time there. He :censored:ing hated me too, so he's on to something even if it's not picking managers...!

Interesting. I do know of him, and his family. He grew up 2 doors opposite. Astounding really. Could Barry have usurped him since your time there, being given his FT role since leaving the Trust?

PS If Hill hated you, then you are alright by my book.

I've had upheavals and plenty of bosses, it didn't affect how I did my job serving the public, you just have to get on with it.

Correct.....and football's a little different to a normal job. If you play like you couldn't give a toss you're hardly likely to get a move to another club.

On the field you are in the shop window and giving your all is the least you should be doing if you want to further your career.

If we get Forte back in some shape and form, his goals and presence may get us to scrape over the line. This board would try to sell him though like they did before.

New board please. It's the only way forward for me now. A new board with new vigor would pay to replace this enept squad.

How many weeks before he's fully match fit though

but he did disguise how ordinary a manager Johnson was / is and what an ordinary team we are

Not having that.

Within 23 months, Johnson took us from 21st to 9th, 2 points shy of the play-offs (and a game in hand on 7th and 8th).

He might be a :censored: for how he left, but he's been our best manager since Ronnie/Shez.

Not having that.

Within 23 months, Johnson took us from 21st to 9th, 2 points shy of the play-offs (and a game in hand on 7th and 8th).

He might be a :censored: for how he left, but he's been our best manager since Ronnie/Shez.

Not an overnight sensation then.

And yet some expect Dunn to have it all worked out within a couple of months...

Just because I've quoted your post Bluear. it's not directed at your per se, but at this sentiment type posts to beat Dunn with.

What about the treatment the whole team is getting from the majority of the crowd? the booing every match, the vitrol at every stray pass, the cries of "get off you :censored:"

Curious that's all.

Not an overnight sensation then.

And yet some expect Dunn to have it all worked out within a couple of months...

Well Johnson did ensure we didn't get relegated in his first two months.

And won his first home game 3-0.

Dunn hasn't looked like winning any home league game.

I suppose we ought to look at this from Dunn's perspective. There is no doubt that he is working hard. There is no doubt that he is giving it his all and is disappointed that his players, not all of them, aren't. He will no doubt have blamed the poor work by Darren Kelly for a squad that is not good enough. He has undoubtedly let everyone one know that he doesn't think this squad is good enough. (For the sake of argument I'm ignoring the fact that his loan signings have not improved our results) He has now told the Board what he wants.

What happens next? If he gets his wishes there will be nowhere to hide and who knows it might just work as we might not be relegated. If he is told sorry no can do what then? Does he resign or does he lead what he regards as a poor squad to relegation and add that to his CV?

Meanwhile we face Millwall and our error prone squad loses once again!

Well Johnson did ensure we didn't get relegated in his first two months.

And won his first home game 3-0.

Dunn hasn't looked like winning any home league game.

Don't want to do him down too much as he did a decent job overall but I'd have fancied me or you to keep us up that season, and I still remember walking out of the Preston game thinking we were toast.

Not having that.

On the 11th February in Dickov's first season we were 4 th with 41 points from 27 games...higher and quicker than anything Johnson achieved, he made us a fortune out prize money and tv money, he gave us an international recognition, he left us saleable players.

More importantly after he left he was on TV celebrating our Everton goal like a fan. Johnson on the other came back with Barnsley expecting to be applauded .

On the 11th February in Dickov's first season we were 4 th with 41 points from 27 games...higher and quicker than anything Johnson achieved, he made us a fortune out prize money and tv money, he gave us an international recognition, he left us saleable players.

More importantly after he left he was on TV celebrating our Everton goal like a fan. Johnson on the other came back with Barnsley expecting to be applauded .

I donlt think Dickov tactically ever recovered from that Southampton mauling, we could have gone 5th I think, even throughout his Donny career it seems.