New manager being discussed?

In the last few months ...could not pay wages, could not afford the electricity, could not afford the Tarmac, kelly available for sale, out of all cups, attendances down.....where exactly do people think the money is coming from to sign a keeper , 2 full backs a centre half and now a big name manager

The clubs situation is more than a 7 day fix and the solution ain't coming via a January transfer window

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My information (make of that what you will) suggests that Dunn will still be here until the end of the season and will be allowed to bring some players in over the next few weeks, as well as shipping some out...

Think this is what will happen, nothing to be gained now from more disruption IMO, let's see what the signings and departures will be and how they work out.

2 or 3 good signings can change things quickly.

My information (make of that what you will) suggests that Dunn will still be here until the end of the season and will be allowed to bring some players in over the next few weeks, as well as shipping some out...

Not doubting you, in fact it has the be the odds on scenario, it can you give an inkling to your source?

Think this is what will happen, nothing to be gained now from more disruption IMO, let's see what the signings and departures will be and how they work out.

2 or 3 good signings can change things quickly.

Why should he be allowed to sign a few more players - he's shown he isn't capable of managing the ones already at the club and those he has signed.

Every player appears to have regressed since he became manager.

Megson, 36% win ratio, vastly experienced, comes from Manchester region, no job in nearly four years.
Cooper, just over 40% win ratio, impressed with Swindon (some very good Football), a victim of losing in the play-offs, originally from Yorkshire, has had a break, knows the division.
Dowie, 39% win ratio, lives in the Manchester region, not been in management for nearly five years, knows the club and seems ti have retained affection (given he has expressed a willingness to come back), nice steady job at Sky.

They all might be tempted just to get a toe back in the door. Personally, i think they'll they'll stick with David Dull, or is it David Dunno.

FTFM

Edited by bigfatjoe1

Said it before: Corney doesn't have the stomach to go through the managerial process again.

I believe that journo who has insinuated a change because he's reliable, but it goes against all of my instincts to imagine anything will change.

I'd be happy to see change for a select few managers but I'm not sure it would amount to much more than giving Dunn a transfer window would.

It's time for Corney to come out and make a statement though. In the national press the manager is reported to be a lame duck; it can't be good for the squad, the man himself and the fans are yet again in the dark.

Edited by NewBlue

Ah the vitriol starts once again for just passing on info to discuss/debate with fellow fans. With a bizarre, made-up quote to boot.

The 'bull:censored:' that has already been partly collaborated by a national newspaper journalist's tweet.

The 'bull:censored:' that I openly admitted is naturally speculation until made public - but clearly I naively thought would still be of interest.

I'll say no more. Let's see what bull:censored: comes out in the press over the next day or so.

Yours, Bull:censored: Man :-)

Happy to be corrected, but didn't the national journos news appear first?

This is what I was told last week. However, it was also mentioned that it was felt that he was getting hacked off with the job and there were concerns he may resign himself if results don't improve.

That could be the reason for any meetings/planning taking place. He did sound like a man who'd had enough yesterday evening.

This is what I was told last week. However, it was also mentioned that it was felt that he was getting hacked off with the job and there were concerns he may resign himself if results don't improve.

That could be the reason for any meetings/planning taking place. He did sound like a man who'd had enough yesterday evening.

He will throw the toys out of the pram to protect his ego if he doesn't get the lump of cash he thinks he needs...he strikes me as the type who would rather walk and blame others than get the sack...especially if rumours of him working for next to nothing are true as he wont be hanging around for a pay off Edited by Blue_Guru