New manager being discussed?

Lee Carsley is the suggestion

Could do worse I suppose, a fair bit of experience at youth and academy level however he hasn't at 1st team level.

It would be a bit of a gamble once again but all appointments usually are.

He has to hit the ground running and there won't be time to 'gel' the team so if it is Carsley I hope he's ready for a challenge for our sake!!

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could do worse I suppose, a fair bit of experience at youth and academy level however he hasn't at 1st team level.

It would be a bit of a gamble once again but all appointments usually are.

He has to hit the ground running and there won't be time to 'gel' the team so if it is Carsley I hope he's ready for a challenge for our sake!!

He's very similar to TP, doesn't want a managers job.

I disagree with much of what has been said on here and said by Dunn. David has come to management unprepared and sadly must now go or we will go down.

It is the manager who should and could make the difference. Our players are all playing with the fear of making a mistake with one exception Rhys Murphy. Why is this? Rhys has been managed and trained by a different team which resulted in 9 goals. He comes back here confident making run after run and our home prepared and trained players either don't see the run or they over or under hit the ball. They are all incapable of taking the risks that are needed to score goals. They are not playing with freedom but rather scared and tight - management is to blame and just getting more players in will not help. We get the poor showing until somebody makes a mistake and gifts a goal.

On the positive side we need 9 or 10 wins to escape relegation. Draws are no longer and have never been enough. 9 wins out of 24 is a 37.5% win rate. The new manager will have to work a miracle!

Clark has no scruples about which job he takes, Carsley clearly does. There's no way he'd take over a team 5 point adrift at the foot of League 1 if he's selective. The source only said we are 'keen' on him. They haven't said he's keen on us.

This is becoming farcical anyway. The fans talking about who the new manager is while Dunn gives interviews to the media. Once again the club is silent. Bunch of jokers.

Matt chambers heard nothing about manager rumours but people are keeping a low profile

https://twitter.com/matt_chambers_/status/683974918984314880

https://twitter.com/matt_chambers_/status/683975173498892288

He's really hedging his bets with that 2nd tweet. It could be they are no answering his calls, as they know exactly what he is going to ask.

Here's hoping though.

If Dunn isn't sacked we go down. It's a very very simple equation facing us. No amount of sticking plasters (on our budget) acquired in this January window will make any difference to this fact IMO. These players are good enough to get us out of it if properly managed (even when the wheels were wobbling under LJ he managed to get results out of them)...but after giving him over the Xmas period and 3pts being essential against Colchester he has failed. It's almost poetic that the one tragic player (Cornell) that he has kept backing is the straw to break this camels back. And his contempt for the BBC journo who pointed out that it is 11 home games without a win says all anyone needs to know about the guy.

:censored: off Dunn now...while we still have a chance to save ourselves.

PS This is from someone who has only ever called for the immediate sacking of one other manager. So this isn't said on a whim.

Edited by boundaryblue80

If Dunn isn't sacked we go down. It's a very very simple equation facing us. No amount of sticking plasters (on our budget) acquired in this January window will make any difference to this fact IMO. These players are good enough to get us out of it if properly managed (even when the wheels were wobbling under LJ he managed to get results out of them)...but after giving him over the Xmas period and 3pts being essential against Colchester he has failed. It's almost poetic that the one tragic player (Cornell) that he has kept backing is the straw to break this camels back. And his contempt for the BBC journo who pointed out that it is 11 home games without a win says all anyone needs to know about the guy.

:censored: off Dunn now...while we still have a chance to save ourselves.

PS This is from someone who has only ever called for the immediate sacking of one other manager. So this isn't said on a whim.

To be fair, you are hardly being immediate, this has been building for some time.

To be fair, you are hardly being immediate, this has been building for some time.

The reason I say "immediate" is because I felt Shez warranted going but felt it was wrong to sack him immediately coz of what he did for us as a player and relegation was never part of the equation (ie. desperate sacking in the hope of saving us etc.) With Shez, it should have been a handshake at the end of the season and a goodbye. Dunn however wants :censored:ing off now before he can do any further damage like getting rid of capable players that he is incapable of managing.

Edited by boundaryblue80

More faith in them than I have Dunn.

That is the key to it, really.

I am wondering how long before Dunn receives the Kelly treatment at a home game.

I feel like Colchester was the turning point for many supporters, and I wonder how it will manifest itself if we concede early goals against Millwall.

Eyres 42 is right. We don't have a decent full back on the books, the centre halves are physically weak. Kelly does not effect the game in either last third. Jones is a journey man, there are problems in goal, we have a centre forward who has not scored for 18 months , we are slow of thought and movement in many places.....apart from that we are quite strong

Every week we lose, every week we are told it is down to individual errors.....the reason for individual errors is that the players are not good enough surely.

This team of 3 wins in 31 league games is not about to win 7 or 8 out of 23 in my opinion with or without Dunn. We need 3 orv4 in and we can't afford them so a bit of a pickle really