New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the MEN Dunn is quoted as saying even Fergie or Mourinho could not sort Latics out. But if you read what Dunn actually said, he said neither could sort individual errors out.

But that's not true, Dunn could drop them....

Struggling to see what he hopes to achieve by coming out with this sort of nonsense, other than deflecting the blame from himself.

Sound familiar.....surely not this guy

On 20 October 2014, with Birmingham 21st in the table and having won at home in the league only once in more than a year, Clark and assistant Steve Watson were sacked.[23] At the time of his sacking, Clark had only won 33 of his 116 games - the lowest win ratio for a quarter of a century from a Birmingham manager - and left the club just one point from the relegation zone. [24][25]

Sound familiar.....surely not this guy

On 20 October 2014, with Birmingham 21st in the table and having won at home in the league only once in more than a year, Clark and assistant Steve Watson were sacked.[23] At the time of his sacking, Clark had only won 33 of his 116 games - the lowest win ratio for a quarter of a century from a Birmingham manager - and left the club just one point from the relegation zone. [24][25]

Still had a 28% win ratio which would be a big improvement on Dunns record, his Huddersfield record was impressive including a 43 game unbeaten run.

Still had a 28% win ratio which would be a big improvement on Dunns record, his Huddersfield record was impressive including a 43 game unbeaten run.

That's a phenomenal run at any level. There's no guarantee of success whoever we employ but he has experience at all levels and I suppose he will have good contacts throughout the leagues.

If it is Clark I think he'll be working with Holden because we won't be taking Mcdermott and Watson on board for obvious reasons!!

Lee Clark.... FFS....

I think that'd be it for me, one of them managers I absolutely hate and hope he'd never manage my club. And Some complain about Dunn's ego!

Isn't there some stupid stat that says he spent something like £7mil at Huddersfield and couldn't get them promoted, and then Grayson went in and got them up in 4 months?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Can't believe he still gets touted for jobs his record's that bad.

I'd still rather he was given a chance than sticking with Dunn though.

48% win ratio with Huddersfield although I vaguely remember that being him not quite being able to get them out of this league despite more money to spend than most....

In the MEN Dunn is quoted as saying even Fergie or Mourinho could not sort Latics out. But if you read what Dunn actually said, he said neither could sort individual errors out.

But that's not true, Dunn could drop them....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-1-colchester-united-10680415

I'm sure I read (might have been on here) that Carsley had the Brentford job if he wanted it but turned it down as he didn't think he was ready for full time management?

That seemed to be the impression given at the time.

Could be quite a coup if we can get him.