It's John Sheridan

I think Stevie's post later on in this thread sums up my thoughts. I think on balance it was the right call to change manager with 9 games to go, but on the condition that the next manager gave it a go. Sadly Joe didn't do that so I'd have rather we gave Shez the rest of the season to try to make the playoffs, regardless of whether we succeeded or failed. One of the few predictions that I've ever got right was that after Joe started "rebuilding" the squad, we had wasted our best chance at promotion for a good 5 years.

While I can't argue that I agreed with all of Harry Dowd's post (I was probably too lazy at the time to write my own essay so I agreed with the post that best fit my feelings), the main thing I agreed with was the sentiment. Mainly that it was a very sad day, having a lot of time and sympathy for the man and thanking him and wishing him luck. I can guarantee that I never "wanted him out" or "called him all sorts". Shez was my favourite player growing up and one of the main reasons I got hooked on Latics, which is why I'd always be happy if he was in charge even if had a terrible managerial record.

No you didn't and I wasn't levelling that accusation at you. I agreed with Harry Dowd's post too. There are plenty who still post on here who did though, he got dogs abuse on this message board in the weeks before he was sacked, on a par with Dunn tbh yet they have the gall to post how happy they are he's back. Wanting a change of manager is one thing, hurling vile abuse from behind a keyboard quite another.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty who still post on here who did though, he got dogs abuse on this message board in the weeks before he was sacked, on a par with Dunn tbh yet they have the gall to post how happy they are he's back. Wanting a change of manager is one thing, hurling vile abuse from behind a keyboard quite another.

Agreed.

So the assistant:

He's won League 2.

He's won League 1.

He's assisted in the Championship.

Pretty impressive CV.

I am guessing he is talking about someone winning League 1 & 2 as a player ? Because surely if you win league 1 as a manager you get to do more than assist in the Championship.

So basically not all that impressive from an assistant point of view.

I am guessing he is talking about someone winning League 1 & 2 as a player ? Because surely if you win league 1 as a manager you get to do more than assist in the Championship.

So basically not all that impressive from an assistant point of view.

Sorry just heard it again in the press conference:

Won League 2 as an assistant.

Won League 1 as an assistant.

Assisted in the Championship.

Currently at another club.

Had to laugh at that bit about Danny Philiskirk on press conference:

Reporter: what about Danny Philliskirk who's gone on loan, is he one you'd look to bring back?

Shez: Danny Philiskirk?? (Looks at Neil Joy) is it a loan?

Joy: no it's a permenant transfer

Shez: oh.... I was gonna give him a ring tonight ???

What a season - from Martin McGuinness to 10 pints of Guiness :drinking45:

Welcome back Shez :laught30:

Regardless of his former connection to our club this would have been a good manager to choose. Reasonably cheap, local, down to earth fella with a history of success AND failure. A bit of failure on a managers CV is not something to avoid, it can be a valuable learning experience.

What a season - from Martin McGuinness to 10 pints of Guiness :drinking45:

Welcome back Shez :laught30:

Regardless of his former connection to our club this would have been a good manager to choose. Reasonably cheap, local, down to earth fella with a history of success AND failure. A bit of failure on a managers CV is not something to avoid, it can be a valuable learning experience.

In the Chron, Shez Says:

“The way I left previously is just one of those things in football, I have grown up a lot since then myself."

In his weekly article in the Chron, Croft writes about Shez:

When he spoke to the squad for the first time he set out a very strong message. He told us that he will do absolutely everything he can for us, provided that we do right by him.

And he also made it clear that if we don't, then he won't be shy about telling people they need to buck up their ideas.

It is tough, but fair and players really appreciate that.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96178/top-manmanager-who-gets-message-across