It's John Sheridan

Well done Simon Corney for some positive action. And I don't think he could have made a better (realistic) appointment.

The fact that it's Shez and he's a club legend, will grant him time. Barring the rest of the season being a complete disaster, there will be very little pressure from the fans for him to be sacked even if we get relegated. In fact, it seems for some who 2 days ago relegation seemed like the end of the world, it now is much less of a problem as Shez has a promotion from that division on his CV.

Another massively important thing everyone needs is positivity. Now if we're :censored: for a half and play well and attack for a half, the focus will be on the positive rather than any aspect of performance that wasn't perfection. There won't be many calling him delusional for any positive post match comments and a terrible motivator for any negative ones.

Finally - there's a connection again between club and fans. Someone who's been through the worst times with us and knows the club and fans inside out.

These 3 things mean we can do what is desperately needed - plan a long term future rather than the short termism we've had for too long. So well done SC, for galvanising the fan base again and hopefully making BP a more positive place to be. Definitely eyeing up the 450 mile round trip for the Bury game.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another :censored:ing embarrassing day as far as I am concerned...

We sack the guy when he had us 1 point outside of the promotion spots, with seven games to go, with a lot of people saying what a great idea it was to get rid of him... We bring in Big Fat Joe and the rest is history (god that was a horrible thing to watch happen to a legend).

And now, while we are in the :censored: and we have pissed so much up the wall, we rehire the guy who you all said wasn't good enough and say, great move :D :D

What a joke :)

For the record I love John and him being sacked was the start of me stopping going. Glad to see him back and wish him all the best. He is a great signing, but some of the reaction here is just :censored:ing weird given I can remember what a lot of you was saying about him back then.

We sack the guy when he had us 1 point outside of the promotion spots, with seven games to go, with a lot of people saying what a great idea it was to get rid of him... We bring in Big Fat Joe and the rest is history (god that was a horrible thing to watch happen to a legend).

And now, while we are in the :censored: and we have pissed so much up the wall, we rehire the guy who you all said wasn't good enough and say, great move :D :D

For the record I love John and him being sacked was the start of me stopping going. Glad to see him back and wish him all the best. He is a great signing, but some of the reaction here is just :censored:ing weird given I can remember what a lot of you was saying about him back then.

So will you be coming back then?

Give it a rest.

SC is correct in that it was the right time for him to go and right time to come back.

If you look at the thread when he left it's pages and pages of thanks to him save for a couple of idiots.

I've never bitten before and won't reply to any more on here. But the club have done something good, the fans are happy for the first time in forever and yet here you are again pissing on the chips. It's :censored:ing irritating.

So will you be coming back then?

I won't even consider coming back until we have new owners. Resigning Sheridan is only another example to me that they never had a clue in the first place. Sacking him was one of the most bitter things I experienced watching Latics. We threw away our second best chance of promotion we had in League one (maybe third)....

Edited by oafc0000

SC is correct in that it was the right time for him to go and right time to come back.

If you look at the thread when he left it's pages and pages of thanks to him save for a couple of idiots.

I've never bitten before and won't reply to any more on here. But the club have done something good, the fans are happy for the first time in forever and yet here you are again pissing on the chips. It's :censored:ing irritating.

It was the right time to sack him ?

1 point outside of promotion.... and it was 9 games to go.... and you STILL think it was the right thing to do...

My head spins... but now its the right thing to do ? My head spins more...

Leave out the toxic :censored: . Those of us who attend every week might want to enjoy some positivity in what's been a torid 12 months. You carry on with the act though

It is my opinion. Nothing more or less. If you don't like hearing opinions other than you own you could always go talk to a mirror ?

Edited by oafc0000

I'm always very positive when a new manager comes in, thinking this is the one that will finally get us challenging at the top, and it always ends in despair.

Whilst I'm absolutely made up with this appointment of Shez 'coming home' I'm erring on the side of caution.

If he gets us winning from the off we could be mid table by March but it could just as easily go the other way.

Dunn's probably right in saying some of these players are not good enough but if Shez can strengthen in the right areas I think we have a very good chance of staying up.

One thing is certain, I'll be at Bradford on Saturday and win or lose it should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Come on you blues!!

Top post, sums up my feelings. Just a shame I can't be there. Double enjoy it for me.

Really? Is that in your capacity as the elected leader of this forum or just a personal view? You need to get a grip, in common with some other posters on here you're way too precious. Out of 3,500 hardcore supporters, not including thousands more who can't attend games, maybe 5% post on here, and that's a generous estimate, so the fact you don't agree with my opinions doesn't make you the voice of Oldham Athletic. I'm as entitled to my opinion as every other fan and to be called a :censored:ing idiot for voicing it is not just offensive, it says a hell of a lot about how arrogant you are. Just because I don't think Sheridan's return is on a par with the second coming doesn't give you or anyone the right to get personal. If this message board is purely a little clique where people with dissenting views are routinely abused then it's worth :censored:-all. I actually think it isn't which is why I'll continue to contribute my opinions whenever I want. If you or anyone else can't handle that then it's tough :censored:. If you haven't already done so I suggest you take Singe's advice and block me cos you're obviously unable to cope with anyone who disagrees with your view of the world, which is quite sad really.

You've gone from stupid as :censored: to boring as :censored:. I forgot to mention what a prick oafc0000 is too. The man with a list longer than :censored:ing santa's full of bull:censored: reasons why he doesn't go.

Don't blame me. Not my fault. I didn't actually get the job.

Wow, that said, you've not been for a years if that was the start.

Also, if you love John then you must totally worship Joe. He actually did incredible things. You really can't compare. I'm very happy with the appointment, but people who even try to put Joe down are talking through their arses. That little spell was totally meaningless in the context of what he did. Were you there? Seriously?