Crowdfunding scoreboard

Ok - my last comment - I`ll spell out what I mean - I have a spare £75 - I can either throw it into the pot for some TV screen or, take half a day off work and travel down to Shrewsbury to encourage the team on - I chose the latter - and hopefully the noise/support that the Latics fans made at Shrewsbury (and Wigan and Blackpool) helped them to secure points? That's putting energy and resource into the one thing that matters. If my £75 had gone into the scoreboard pot - I would have had no influence at all. That's all I am saying.

Surely everybody can see his logic, even though you may not totally agree?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Sheridan said - every game from now on is simply like a cup final - that's the sort of focus I am on about - people power is actually quite amazing - when focussed - anything that distracts away from the main aim is wasted when in a precarious position like ours - but if fans want to throw money and energy into a gimmicky screen - that's their choice of course.

I seriously hope me putting fiver in doesn't distract Coleman from collecting a cross in Tuesday.

When She says 'we' need to concentrate on each game or whatever it is exactly he said I'm pretty sure he meant the players. If YOU miss a game because you are concentrating on other things it won't make a bit of difference.

If people want to pay into it let them. Just because you don't want to doesn't make it a waste of time.

Not really, Kanye West has come out with more logic than this recently.

If 2000 of us spent £75 on watching our team away rather than putting it into crowdfunfing, there'd be a much better atmosphere which could aid our chances of winning the game on Tuesday, until the 6th minute when we're 3 down.

Again, its chicken and egg really but I can see what he's getting at. Not going to affect performance in my eyes however.

Can't people just spend their own money on what they want too? If I had to choose between a weekend away in Burton or £100 in a scoreboard fund I'd choose the away day, most fans couldn't afford both and following Oldham is an expensive hobby as it is, the amount in the pot is probably a fair reflection on most fans feelings towards it.

Whilst the club should applauded for their efforts, when the survey came out, I had no idea it was this type of display scree. I stated I'd happily contribute to a scoreboard (though Youth Academy was my fist choice) I imagined a bog standard one.

I think the survey may have skewed in favour of a scoreboard, but not to this level of funding requirement, Hence the lower uptake.

Just a tad too ambitious I think. Maybe people got carried away. It's a shame, because it will have undoubtedly put people of what could be a nice parallel set of projects.

Coming back from work today, I noticed they've something similar, in encasing (assume it's un-stealable that way), near the City Road Inn at the end of Whitworth Street near the old Hacienda.

It was showing an advert for a well known perfume. Imagine our advertising rate is going to be less than a busy city centre junction but surely it's going to pay for itself in a couple of years.

If we're honest, it's wanted for the revenue it's going to bring in (not because it's massively going to enhance spectators' matchday experience). Whether the revenue comes to us or Brassbank, the money should be paid out by the owners. It makes sense to get it business wise but they should be funding it.

Coming back from work today, I noticed they've something similar, in encasing (assume it's un-stealable that way), near the City Road Inn at the end of Whitworth Street near the old Hacienda.

It was showing an advert for a well known perfume. Imagine our advertising rate is going to be less than a busy city centre junction but surely it's going to pay for itself in a couple of years.

If we're honest, it's wanted for the revenue it's going to bring in (not because it's massively going to enhance spectators' matchday experience). Whether the revenue comes to us or Brassbank, the money should be paid out by the owners. It makes sense to get it business wise but they should be funding it.

I'm sure sales of a well known perfume would boom with RRE fans.

It it was me in charge of raising the £120k, I would forget the crowdfunding idea and instead sell advertising time on the scoreboard to a number of companies both locally and nationally. Special offer, pay in advance. That will allow us to buy the scoreboard in the first place...easy ain't it?

Edited by TheBigDog

It it was me in charge of raising the £120k, I would forget the crowdfunding idea and instead sell advertising time on the scoreboard to a number of companies both locally and nationally. Special offer, pay in advance. That will allow us to buy the scoreboard in the first place...easy ain't it?

I'd doubt you could get anything above £30k per annum net after maintenance and running costs for scoreboard ads, so you'd have to secure 4 years of advance payments.

The Trust to own the scoreboard.

"ALL money raised by the campaign will be ring-fenced for fan activities and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham"

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/trust-oldham-backs-knowthescore-campaign-2985680.aspx#eY1teBXgjl2VjTZO.99

Edited by opinions4u