Do people actually care about being down boated...?

Nope not really, just playing precious princess as is what is the order of the day on here for some in recent times.

Also, I have a huge ego and am a Queenslander.

QUEENSLANDER!

Just up boated you because you live in Queensland - the Yorkshire of Australia - I think you suffer enough :pokeuu:

I see your point ducky... Edited by L1onheartNew

Dickov just been on SSN talking about Vardy and us said we were close and he went watching him 6 times

out of work manager who has been sacked twice tells world he first spotted current star player in non league.......constantly

then spots Connor Brown! tell them about that Paul! tell them about that.

Edited by palmer1

What Leicester have done par excellence is to take the crap that the FA coaches are indoctrinating future managers with and turn it on its head. The idea that possession and patience are the key to winning football games is nonsense. Once citeh ran out of puff, 20 minutes, and reverted to type Leicester had so much time to reorganise their defence as citeh went sideways backwards and rarely ever two forward passes in a row. Attack breaks down and then its up and at them and they never stop attacking. Joy to watch.

Now the players at Leicester are rather better than ours but there is no reason why Latics can't organise their defence and be more direct in going forward - by direct I don't mean long balls but a series of forward passes with attempts on goal.

What Leicester have done par excellence is to take the crap that the FA coaches are indoctrinating future managers with and turn it on its head. The idea that possession and patience are the key to winning football games is nonsense. Once citeh ran out of puff, 20 minutes, and reverted to type Leicester had so much time to reorganise their defence as citeh went sideways backwards and rarely ever two forward passes in a row. Attack breaks down and then its up and at them and they never stop attacking. Joy to watch.

Now the players at Leicester are rather better than ours but there is no reason why Latics can't organise their defence and be more direct in going forward - by direct I don't mean long balls but a series of forward passes with attempts on goal.

Beginnings of which seem to be happening in Shez's two games in charge so far...

I totally disagree that it's nonsense. Tell Spain you can't win with possession and patience.

Like all tactics though it only works if you have the players to make it work. Hence it rarely works in England. The Leicester way of playing should be the way the national team plays - rather than us copying the latest foreign fad, a more 'English' type game that Leicester play would be more easily bought in to by players and fans alike.

I appreciate the irony that Leicester are foreign coached and have plenty of foreign players, just believe it's a style more suited to the English game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You've got to wonder how Scott Hogan slipped through the net. Played round the area for quite a few years in non league and now he's on fire for Brentford after a long, long injury.

Looks like some player.

7 goals in the last 154 minutes.

Get him fit for a full season and that's 180+ goals a season. Marginally better than even Curtis Main!