Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

The thing is in our predicament the team will be busting a gut to win the games for obvious reasons so 2 or 3 wins should be attainable, however, knowing our luck, 4 losses are just as likely!!

If 1000 fans take the risk and we get 4 wins that will be a massive hole to fill in the budget.

It's a welcome offer nonetheless but I'm still a little bit suspicious regarding the timing of it as surely a couple of weeks notice could have been given!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Never had a season ticket - always paid cash on the day (so they actually get a fortune out of me over a season) - club clearly suffering from cash-flow issues, so I`ll quite happily pop down to the ticket office tomorrow and buy mine. Virtually guaranteed a £200 discount from those 4 home games!

Well done Latics - an excellent offer and anyone that can't see that - well, you're insane.

C'mon Oldham, c'mon Oldham !

So if we lose those games you end paying £350 for League Two Football :)

Bargain.... :shakeit:

Would make us ones of the most expensive teams to watch in League Two!

http://the72.co.uk/28937/how-does-your-team-compare-in-our-league-2-season-ticket-price-guide/

The whole thing shows up where the club think they will be playing Football next season... The club have taken a pretty big and public bet we will be playing in League Two next season.

Edited by oafc0000

http://the72.co.uk/28937/how-does-your-team-compare-in-our-league-2-season-ticket-price-guide/

The whole thing shows up where the club think they will be playing Football next season... The club have taken a pretty big and public bet we will be playing in League Two next season.

Perhaps this is where the price guarantee comes into play.

Did you enjoy the Wigan game?

Having thought on this I have decided that SC doesnt want everybody to take up this offer. If about 600 people take it up, that is around a £200k short term fix for whatever he needs it for, then he can use the gate reciepts from the matches for any refunds.

It's worrying why he needs to do it.

It's worrying the amount of inward gazing, paper rich, middle class snobs we have on here.

Having thought on this I have decided that SC doesnt want everybody to take up this offer. If about 600 people take it up, that is around a £200k short term fix for whatever he needs it for, then he can use the gate reciepts from the matches for any refunds.

It's worrying why he needs to do it.

It's worrying the amount of inward gazing, paper rich, middle class snobs we have on here.

I dont think people have joined the dots on the consequences for next year's budget if Corney loses his bet.

Do you think in normal circumstances they would drop the prices if we got relegated?

Do you think in normal circumstances they would drop the prices if we got relegated?

Well we aren't in a unusual position at the moment and the deal on the table is clear. A ST for League Two Football next year is £350. So in normal circumstances I would expect the ST price to be £350 because this is what the club has just told us its going to be. Will make Oldham Athletic one of the most expensive clubs to watch next year at this level.

Now that in itself isn't a bad or a good thing. It might give us a strong playing budget next year compared to other teams. But no one is doing you any favours with this "deal". Its a gamble on us going down and the club ensuring an income stream.

What should worry everyone is if this deal is taken up in big numbers (or even small numbers) and they actually win the next four. Next years budget surely is going to look a bit pitiful.

Edited by oafc0000

What should worry everyone is if this deal is taken up in big numbers (or even small numbers) and they actually win the next four. Next years budget surely is going to look a bit pitiful.

Effectively using some of the new stand "additional income streams" in advance.

To be fair, giving season ticket holders the benefit of this isn't particularly bad.

The alternative might be pissing it away on a couple of overpaid stars who fail to deliver. Or building a promotion winning team. Or replaying lots to Blitz.

Edited by opinions4u

Corney is skint again it's as simple as that, not only has he diced with our League 1 status this season he is undermining next season already by spending money he shouldn't.

If your in your little bubble thinking that's great for me then don't complain at a later date when we can't afford any players whichever division we are in.

No doubt Corney will come out smelling of roses again.

Club makes offer.

Group a moans because it isn't specifically tailored to them.

Group b moans because it's a clear indication the club is :censored:ed.

Group c is pleased.

Group a slags off group c just for being in a position to take advantage of the offer.

Group b sneers at group c for being so deluded they can't see the real evil reason behind the offer.

So bog standard.

Well we aren't in a unusual position at the moment and the deal on the table is clear. A ST for League Two Football next year is £350. So in normal circumstances I would expect the ST price to be £350 because this is what the club has just told us its going to be. Will make Oldham Athletic one of the most expensive clubs to watch next year at this level.

Now that in itself isn't a bad or a good thing. It might give us a strong playing budget next year compared to other teams. But no one is doing you any favours with this "deal". Its a gamble on us going down and the club ensuring an income stream.

Mr Sunshine is back, it's been nice without you. Still a bit of arguing on the board but nowhere near the levels you reach.

Why would they add in the price match guarantee if they will just keep the prices the same for league 2?

If your in your little bubble thinking that's great for me then don't complain at a later date when we can't afford any players whichever division we are in.

It won't be down to ST holders getting a good deal that will mean we can't afford decent players .. it's the apathy of ex fans who simply use any excuse not to attend matches anymore that's reducing the coffers year in year out! .. as great as watching old YouTube clips of the glory days are, it's sickening to think that the only time the 1000's and 1000's in the crowd will show up is when they get summat for free!

I'm prepared to take the gamble on us winning at least 1 of the next 4 games ( let face it, we should all hope we do win at least some of them! ) as I would have been paying up at the end of April as usual anyways.

Each to their own I guess

Edited by thetramdriver

Mr Sunshine is back, it's been nice without you. Still a bit of arguing on the board but nowhere near the levels you reach.

Why would they add in the price match guarantee if they will just keep the prices the same for league 2?

There's plenty of statements on here that there will be no discount period, so a £350 ST from last season might be a notional £300 in league 2 but with no discount it might be 375 at full price.

The offer might well be a decent one for individuals , but there are plenty of factors that are unclear that may affect the value gained from the gamble.

There's plenty of statements on here that there will be no discount period, so a £350 ST from last season might be a notional £300 in league 2 but with no discount it might be 375 at full price.

See, I don't believe that there won't be a discount period. Corney would lose out so much by people not having access to Zebra Finance at the £350 mark.

The offer might well be a decent one for individuals , but there are plenty of factors that are unclear that may affect the value gained from the gamble.

Agreed.

If we're financially :censored:ed then it's a great deal. This isn't going to make much difference to that in the long term so we may as well watch next season's relegation battle at a lower price if we can win a game or two this month.